Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m really puzzled about the reason for Joomlart to continuously develop templates, where they place logo, sitename & slogan in H1-tags, when any kid having read a few articles on SEO, know its better to have the article titles in H1?

I’m not asking how to change this, as (i believe) i know how to come about this. But I can see Joomlart is placing quite some effort to even create template overrides for all their templates, replacing H1 with H2+ tags in contentheading etc. – which seems to be a completely waste of time, if they just didn’t use H1 for logo etc.

Please note – this is not an angry man writing this – just really puzzled over their reasons to do this, when they could develop much more SEO friendly templates by not doing this…

Sherlock Friend

Dear zorroson,

All of joomlart templates are palcing the logo,site name and slogan in H1-tags,regarding the article titles I am afraid that they are render by the content component of the joomla core and you can change it in the template override as below
    Go to templates/your_template/html/com_content/default.php file,Looking for the H2 Tag and change it to H1 as you want.

yellowrain87 Friend

Dat Hong explained very clearly about this.
    To me, I think putting the slogan in H1 is SEO friendly as your slogan contributes to more exact search results.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yellowrain87 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum