Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello,

On some pages where the content doesn’t extend far enough down the page, I am getting a white gap after the footer (which is black).

How do I fill in this space to be black instead of white?

Thanks 😎

Sherlock Friend

Dear amsolutions,

Please give me screen shots for clearer,I have checked your site but did not see the problem.

amsolutions Friend

Please see attached, thank you.

1. white-space
    amsolutions Friend

<em>@amsolutions 173480 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please see attached, thank you.</blockquote>
    In the mean time I have been adding blank .png images to forcefully increase the height of some of the pages but this is tiresome. If I can just make the white gap black instead, this would be ideal.

Thank you 🙂

Sherlock Friend

Dear amsolutions,

I just checked your site on ie as well as on firefox but did not see the problem appearing,please tell me how can I check it

amsolutions Friend

<em>@dathq 173482 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear amsolutions,

I just checked your site on ie as well as on firefox but did not see the problem appearing,please tell me how can I check it</blockquote>

I’m using Firefox. Please note that this problem is not on ALL the pages. It is only on a few of the pages where there is not much content, for example on “News” as I have attached in the screenshot above.

amsolutions Friend

Hi, any help please??

Saguaros Moderator

Dear amsolutions!
    <blockquote>I’m using Firefox. Please note that this problem is not on ALL the pages. It is only on a few of the pages where there is not much content, for example on “News” as I have attached in the screenshot above.</blockquote>
    I checked your site on same browsers as Firefox, IE7,8, Safari….. but i could not see the problem, Did you fixed this issue ?

amsolutions Friend

<em>@tienhc 174343 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear amsolutions!

I checked your site on same browsers as Firefox, IE7,8, Safari….. but i could not see the problem, Did you fixed this issue ?
    7471</blockquote>

Hi,

It’s still showing up in my Firefox browser.

Nevermind, it doesn’t really matter I guess.

nigelmaine Friend

Hi

I use a 22″ monitor. If I do not have a page that fills the screen, I get a white gap at the bottom of my screen.

When I have a longer page, it pushed the footer elements to the bottom of the screen.

How can I resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Nigel

1. m-m_screenshot
    uniquebiz Friend

nigelmaine;180080Hi

I use a 22″ monitor. If I do not have a page that fills the screen, I get a white gap at the bottom of my screen.

When I have a longer page, it pushed the footer elements to the bottom of the screen.

How can I resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Nigel

Hi Nigel
    I use a 24 ” screen at 1920 x1080 if you can give me a live url I can use firebug etc to check the code, screen shots show the problem , but you cannot see the code behind screenies 🙂

Cheers Shannon

nigelmaine Friend

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your reply. The URL is as follows:

http://www.marketandmotivate.com/what-we-do/salesxchange/partners-network

It doesn’t happen on every page, only the ones will a small amount of content. But when I look at the same page on a different screen it looks fine.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Nigel

uniquebiz Friend

nigelmaine;180183Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your reply. The URL is as follows:

http://www.marketandmotivate.com/what-we-do/salesxchange/partners-network

It doesn’t happen on every page, only the ones will a small amount of content. But when I look at the same page on a different screen it looks fine.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel
    I can see the problem only at resolutions above 1600 x 900. When viewed under that resolution the page renders fine and the bottom black footer area is indeed at the bottom of the page, above that and you get a significant white gap.

What the cause is ? Beyond me I’m not that css aware, however if the developer or JA staff can view at the higher resolutions they will see the problem and find a fix quickly, it may be they don’t run at HDMI resolutions?

This is a concern for developers as a large number of web surfers are also TV / Movie watchers or gamers and run HDMI capable monitors which default to 1920 x 1080.

If this post doesn’t get looked at by a dev in the next few days, Nigel, send a support ticket.

Sorry I could’nt solve the puzzle completely
    Cheers Shannon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum