Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’ve got the JAT3 blank template installed in Joomla 2.5. Can anyone tell me which file the following <div id=”ja-header”> code is found?

I would of thought it would be in the block/header.php file but it’s not there.

Thank you in advance 🙂

Scott Lavelle Friend

It’s less literal than you would think. I did a grep of the whole of my site and couldn’t locate this, so I did a little digging. Here’s where I see it being called:

/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/page/default.php

In there if a section like this, which calls the block into the layout. You can see that just above this is the body#bd and just below is the <div id=”ja-container”>, so we know we are in the right spot.

<?php
    $blks = &$this->getBlocksXML ('top');
    $blocks = &T3Common::node_children($blks, 'block');
    foreach ($blocks as $block) :
    $this->showBlock ($block);
    endforeach;
    ?>

Then I dug around for the actual definition of the “top” block name and I wasn’t very successful, but then started thinking about the way the xml files are being used for page assembly. So take a look at the “layout file” which you can do right in the template manager, where you see:

<block name="header" type="header" main-inner="1"></block>

If you were to go in here and change the name to “header1″ instead, it likely won’t display properly, but you’ll then notice that when you examine the code, you see <div id=”ja-header1”> instead.

So the actual text with the ja- prefix won’t be anywhere – it is being added to the block name by a script to make the whole div name.

I suppose I knew this to be the norm, but I didn’t realize that when looking at this question and spent a bunch of time looking for it 😉

hope this is helpful to you or someone else who comes upon this post.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Lavelle 11 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum