Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I need to place Google Analytics in my site with this template.

The way I do it is I insert the code into a Custom HTML Module and set a position for it in the template’s index.php – Very simple.

But in this JA Teline III template you have blocks separating everything.

My question is – Where can I put this module so I can get the proper Analytics reading?

Hope this is clear enough.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hello guy!

Please create a instance of the custom module, and put html source in there, and then you put the module on the footer position.

Good luck

ironlion37 Friend

Really? Is this how it’s supposed to be done? I’ve been placing the code into layouts/default.php, layouts/handheld.php, and layouts/iphone.php. Is the module approach more accurate or something?

Saguaros Moderator
    tenaki Friend

Thanks, saves a lot of time hard coding

q1234321 Friend

<em>@davidrabinov 164626 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I need to place Google Analytics in my site with this template.

The way I do it is I insert the code into a Custom HTML Module and set a position for it in the template’s index.php – Very simple.

But in this JA Teline III template you have blocks separating everything.

My question is – Where can I put this module so I can get the proper Analytics reading?

Hope this is clear enough.

Thanks</blockquote>

Use Google Analytics Tracking Module available at

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/site-analytics/1233

railer Friend

<em>@tienhc 185841 wrote:</em><blockquote>Pls try to use this module http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/site-analytics/4300?qh=YTo2OntpOjA7czo2OiJnb29nbGUiO2k6MTtzOjk6ImFuYWx5dGljcyI7aToyO3M6ODoidHJhY2tpbmciO2k6MztzOjE2OiJnb29nbGUgYW5hbHl0aWNzIjtpOjQ7czoyNToiZ29vZ2xlIGFuYWx5dGljcyB0cmFja2luZyI7aTo1O3M6MTg6ImFuYWx5dGljcyB0cmFja2luZyI7fQ%3D%3D

you put this module on the footer position

GOod luck</blockquote>

I see that this is an old post. My Google Analytics code needs to be placed just before the closing Head tag. How can I do this? Also, I am using the JA Community+ template for Joomla 2.5 which uses T3 template framework.

TomC Moderator

Here is the simplest way to add Google or any other analytics/tracking code to this template although there are plugins available on the JED that will aslo do the job if you do not like playing with the code.

Copy the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>page>default.php

into

templates>ja_your-template-name>page>default.php and insert your analytics code just before the </head> tag as per below.

<head> <?php //gen head base on theme info $this->showBlock (‘head’); ?> <?php $blocks = T3Common::node_children($this->getBlocksXML (‘head’), ‘block’); foreach ($blocks as $block) : $this->showBlock ($block); endforeach; ?> <?php echo $this->showBlock (‘css’) ?>************YOUR ANALYTICS CODE HERE*************</head>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum