Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

Great looking site. Am playing with it at the moment. Can someone point me in the right direction to change the settings for the social icons on the top menu. I can’t find where to change facebook so it points to my facebook and not joomlart.

Jim

pavit Moderator

Hi

That’s a custom-html module published in social-link position

<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_32x32_style addthis_default_style">*</div>
    <!-- AddThis Follow END -->

James Weston Friend

Thanks Pavit for the quick response. One more thing where is the setting to get rid of the Facebook comment box at the bottom of the articles?

James Weston Friend

Sorry Pavit, I am not quite clear on this. On the top right of the top bar there are 4 icons facebook, twitter, instagram and youtube. When you click on F it takes you to the joomlart facebook page. When i look at the custom-html module published in social-link position I don’t see the code that is showing the link to the joomlart facebook page.

pavit Moderator

Ok

2 things now

1) Facebook comments

To disable it goto template manager >> ja-fixel >> General Tab >> Extended settings >> Integrated Facebook Comment set it to NO

2) Custom-Html module

If you are using as editor the tinyMCE use the html button to check the code or better disable the editor to add your custom html

James Weston Friend

Hi Pavit,

Ok thanks.

1. That worked perfectly thanks for the direction.

2. I have this code <!– AddThis Follow BEGIN –>
    <div class=”addthis_toolbox addthis_32x32_style addthis_default_style”>*</div>
    <!– AddThis Follow END –>
    <p>*</p>

But sorry don’t understand where to change the facebook page it points to? If you go to the demo site and click on teh facebook icon it goes to joomlart facebook so I would have expected to see the link here so i could replace it with my own link.

pavit Moderator

Sorry i forgot to mention that

You need to set an account on http://www.addthis.com and add your code in the custom-html module

James Weston Friend

Thanks Pavit,

I think i better wait for the manuals to come out as went and got the code but everytime I paste it it does not stay once I have saved it and now the original buttons from the demo site have dissapeared altogether 🙁

Saguaros Moderator

Hi guys,

After setting Default Editor to No, you go to backend setting of this custom HTML module, add your own generated code from your own account in AddThis to custom output. Here is code for demo site

<!-- AddThis Follow BEGIN -->
    <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_32x32_style addthis_default_style">
    <a class="addthis_button_facebook_follow" addthis:userid="joomlart"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_twitter_follow" addthis:userid="joomlart"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_instagram_follow" addthis:userid="joomlart"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_youtube_follow" addthis:userid="joomlart"></a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-51fbcd3a05926764"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Follow END -->

James Weston Friend

Thanks that did the trick.

simplesite Friend

I created an account than copied and pasted my code but now the social buttons are gone. I like that the menu is in place of that position but the problem has not been solved.

How do I change the social squares in the template to follow me on facebook, twitter etc? I am not talking about the top links.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Social squares in which part are you talking about? could you send a screenshot?

jmchauvel Friend

<em>@Saguaros 385424 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, Social squares in which part are you talking about? could you send a screenshot?</blockquote>

It seems that your developpers have customized the Addthis Share buttons from their Addthis account to get those the way they are displayed on the template in the custom module (social-link position).

If you are replacing the pubid=xa-51fbcd3a05926764 by any other account, the customizations are then lost and it defaults to the addthis default buttons !

Is there any way to get the info on how to customize these buttons so that they look exactly the way you have it currently on the demo template?

Thanks…

chirohogen Friend

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the advice, i tried to repair my Social Link module but if i paste your code i can’t even see the pictures again..
    Is there any way to repair this module?

Can somebody explain this in details?

Thanks a lot!

<!– AddThis Follow BEGIN –>
    <div class=”addthis_toolbox addthis_32x32_style addthis_default_style”>
    <a class=”addthis_button_facebook_follow” addthis:userid=”joomlart”></a>
    <a class=”addthis_button_twitter_follow” addthis:userid=”joomlart”></a>
    <a class=”addthis_button_instagram_follow” addthis:userid=”joomlart”></a>
    <a class=”addthis_button_youtube_follow” addthis:userid=”joomlart”></a>
    </div>
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-51fbcd3a05926764″></script>
    <!– AddThis Follow END –>

1. test
    James Weston Friend

chirohogen, I think there is a problem with this module. Every couple of days the buttons that are shown in the demo site disappear. I just looked at my site and they have gone again despite nothing been changed on the site.

I am sure one of the joomlart team will work out a fix soon or suggest something to replace this module.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

This topic contains 52 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum