Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

What file(s) need to be edited to add more Google Fonts that are listed – http://code.google.com/webfonts

thatcomputerdude Friend

Any other file other than /plugins/system/jat3/core/element/gfonts.php

ꦯꦸꦕꦶ ꦏꦸꦂꦤꦶꦲꦮꦤ꧀ Friend

<em>@thatcomputerdude 212140 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any other file other than /plugins/system/jat3/core/element/gfonts.php</blockquote>

I think you only need to edit that file, especially line 38
    [PHP]$gfonts = array(‘Cantarell’,’Coda’, ‘Cardo’, ‘Crimson’, ‘Droid Sans’, ‘Droid Sans Mono’, ‘Droid Serif’, ‘IM Fell’, ‘Inconsolata’, ‘Josefin Sans Std Light’, ‘Lobster’, ‘Molengo’, ‘Nobile’, ‘OFL Sorts Mill Goudy TT’, ‘Old Standard TT’, ‘Reenie Beanie’, ‘Tangerine’, ‘Vollkorn’, ‘Yanone Kaffeesatz’);
    [/PHP]
    just add your desired font into that array

thatcomputerdude Friend

I wasn’t sure if another file needed to be edited for the new choices to show in the Template Manager area under Profiles – where you select the Google font to be used….

nghiatd Friend

Hi thatcomputerdude,

If you want to add more Google Fonts.
    Please edit variable $gfont_group(default in line 37) in file pluginssystemjat3coreelementgfonts.php
    Eg: $gfont_group = array (‘latin’=>array(‘Lobster’));
    The font name ‘Lobster’ will be showed in tab Profiles of Template Manager.

Best Regards.

carynh Friend

Is there any plan to make this any easier, or is it not intended as an end-user feature?

Khanh Le Moderator

When google release new fonts, we will update the font list to our framework. You should alway keep your framework up to date to have the full list of google fonts.

acac7a Friend

hello,
    there are lots of new google Fonts and T3 frameworks is not updated, is planned for soon?

Can we not imagine a dynamic list that would be updated via google or JoomlArt automatically?

thanks,
    Sly from Acac7a Communication.

hockey2112 Friend

The method listed by nghiatd no longer appears to be valid. Can anyone please explain how to add more fonts to the Google Fonts list in the T3 framework?

tphmedia Friend

This worked perfectly for JA Bistro. with just a few strokes I added Playball and changed Lobster font to Playball.. Easy peasy.

I did have to refresh the site after I added the item to the code. It took a few minutes for my server to update.

joomlacholic Friend

Well I think in the latest version of T3 the only thing you have to do is to search in Google Fonts what font you like to use and then just add it in the pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaultetcgfonts.xml like you see on it. Then you will be able to see it in the T3 Template Manager and select it.

<font>Slackey</font>
    <font>Sunshiney</font>
    <font>Unkempt</font>
    <font>Walter Turncoat<font>
    </group>

And I found that there is a mistake in the default code on gfonts.xml at the end that it doesn’t let you add fonts in “latin” group. As you see in the “Walter Turncoat” row (the last one) the font tag is not closed . It is <font> but it should be </font>. It’s something that someone of the Joomlart Team should fix I think.

Anyway that works for me! Try it and let me know. Unless I am too late and you already did it! Trying to help anyway! Have a great new year 2012!

btreynolds1 Friend

<em>@nawainruk 212180 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think you only need to edit that file, especially line 38
    [PHP]$gfonts = array(‘Cantarell’,’Coda’, ‘Cardo’, ‘Crimson’, ‘Droid Sans’, ‘Droid Sans Mono’, ‘Droid Serif’, ‘IM Fell’, ‘Inconsolata’, ‘Josefin Sans Std Light’, ‘Lobster’, ‘Molengo’, ‘Nobile’, ‘OFL Sorts Mill Goudy TT’, ‘Old Standard TT’, ‘Reenie Beanie’, ‘Tangerine’, ‘Vollkorn’, ‘Yanone Kaffeesatz’);
    [/PHP]
    just add your desired font into that array</blockquote>

Where is the reference defined for google fonts ?

Looks like JA team has kept it http:// , while we need to make it https://

Let me know asap.

kinocity Friend

to the joomlart-team: when do you update the google fonts in your framework? there are so much google fonts and I can only choose a very limited number of this fonts!

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@kinocity 324357 wrote:</em><blockquote>to the joomlart-team: when do you update the google fonts in your framework? there are so much google fonts and I can only choose a very limited number of this fonts!</blockquote>

We no longer add more Google web font in our templates, as this will make the site heavily to load. However, you can simply change the font to what you like by going to the back-end of your website:
    Extensions –> Template Manager —> Template Manager: Edit Style
    —> Profiles —> Google Font API Settings (you can hover on this tab for more detail)

Edit the font in Font family with the Google font name that you like. You can search here for your favorite font (Google Web Fonts: http://www.google.com/webfonts)
    🙂 You will get your website with the new font. Enjoy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum