Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Why i don’t see the “search…” text inside the search box in theme ?
    What can i do to make it apeear ?

I add “search…” in parameter-field Text” in Module Manager > mod_search.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Copyman,

Open /templates/ja_mesolite_ii/html/mod_search/default.php

around line 18
    [PHP]
    <?php
    //$output = ‘<input name=”searchword” id=”mod_search_searchword” maxlength=”20″ class=”inputbox’.$moduleclass_sfx.'” type=”text” size=”‘.$width.'” value=”‘.$text.'” onblur=”if(this.value==”) this.value=”.$text.”;” onfocus=”if(this.value==”.$text.”) this.value=”;” />’;

$output = ‘<input name=”searchword” id=”mod_search_searchword” class=”inputbox’.$moduleclass_sfx.'” type=”text” size=”‘.$width.'” value=”” />’;[/PHP]
    Move the ” // ” from the 1st $output to 2nd $output word << as below :

[PHP]
    <?php
    $output = ‘<input name=”searchword” id=”mod_search_searchword” maxlength=”20″ class=”inputbox’.$moduleclass_sfx.'” type=”text” size=”‘.$width.'” value=”‘.$text.'” onblur=”if(this.value==”) this.value=”.$text.”;” onfocus=”if(this.value==”.$text.”) this.value=”;” />’;

//$output = ‘<input name=”searchword” id=”mod_search_searchword” class=”inputbox’.$moduleclass_sfx.'” type=”text” size=”‘.$width.'” value=”” />’;[/PHP]so you uncomment the current default presentation of search box.

You can now customize the default word in the module backend.

Regards

Arvind

copyman Friend

Thanks Arvind … i lost many time to modify default.php in /modules/mod_search/tmpl

Best Regards

Milen Cholashki

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Milen,

Always remember, any function which seems to work different from the standard joomla, means it has override in the template, so always go for related template files and search for it.

Regards

Arvind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum