Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I would like to know where is the custom.css or override.css file? I have read a couple of post but he response was way off the mark and to ask people to keep notes of the changes they make is outdated because no-one every keep notes of every change or edit they make…But we use our Custom.css or Override.css as our blueprint for the things we change!

I would like to make a number of edit but can’t find a custom.css or override.css file? Also can we simply make one?

It would be nice to know…

cssyeah Moderator

Hi charles99,

The T3 framework has supported override style, you can do it very easy. Firstly, you create a file named custom.css and paste all your css style you want to override into this new file. After that you copy (or upload) that file to the “[your_root]/templates/ja_obelisk/css” folder. The T3 core will load that file automatically.

Regards

costabreeze Friend

yes you can make custom.css in /template folder/css/

wolfix Friend

I created custom.css but the code doesn’t take precedence over the original code in template.css.

I have to delete the code in tempalate.css for the code in custom.css to work.

How to I get custom.css to over-ride all other css files so if I update the template my custom file over-rides all other css files?

Thanks!

charles99 Friend

whatever change you want to make should go in your custom.css file. And yes if you put it in your template.css file, it will get overwritten when you update the template. You shouldn’t have to place changes in both files. Because the custom.css will over ride whats in your template.css file.

You can also add !important to the end of your changes…

Background: #000 !important;
    width: 250px !important;

But don’t get carried away with using !important…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  charles99 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum