Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am puzzling over how to remove the red background image and text that appears in a Blog Layout that came with JA_Ores by default. I want to know how to remove it and also how to include it.

I have not figured out where the text is coming from

I have not figured out how to not include it.

Here are a couple URLs on a site I am working on; one url has no background image and text and the other has but I do not know why one does and the other does not. Both are of type Category Blog:

This one has the image and text that says “Bright Business Solutions & Ideas”:
    http://www.drcarney.com/site-development/demo-section/blog-category/

Can somebody tell me what setting turns off this image and text. Also, where could I actually change the text?

This image is also a Category blog but does not have the image or text but I am not sure why:
    http://www.drcarney.com/about-dr.-carney/

I do not want to turn it on here but want to understand how I could turn it on if I needed to.

Thank you for any help you can give on this.

Sean Carney

Manos Moderator

Hi,

It looks like there is a custom html file on the first link that gives this effect.

Regards

Manos

scarney Friend

<em>@pascm 266284 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

It looks like there is a custom html file on the first link that gives this effect.

Regards

Manos</blockquote>

Thank you for the clue. I am not sure where this custom HTML would be but there is something that triggers the blog layout to have the image. Basically both links are menu items on my main menu and both are menu items to Categories. I thought maybe something was different about the categories but do not see that either. Perhaps there is a class file being called that I have not found which creates the red graphic and the white text?

Any other clues would be appreciated. Sorry I was away a few days.

scarney Friend

It looks like I am not going to get an answer on this problem. Perhaps I need to submit it as a trouble ticket because if there is a custom HTML file it came with the quickstart install.

n6rej Friend

joomla provides for a lot of custom_html via modules and articles. Look in the module manager @ type and it will show you all the modules that use the custom_html type.
    also the bright ideas is in the slideshow module and if you’ll look again @ the custom_html you’ll find that module.
    Learning joomla can seem daunting but its really not. get the book I recommend and you won’t be sorry.

crockwell Friend

Look here – Module Manager: Module Custom HTML

This is where I found it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  crockwell 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum