Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I am playing with your Nex template but for the life of me can not find the module with Twitter, Facebook and RSS buttons. What am I missing?

I assume that most likely I would’t have had this issue in case of running Nex Quick Start but, sorry, I am running the template only.

Cheers,

Alex

TomC Moderator

Greetings Alex:

You are correct in that if you had started via the quickstart+sample data install, you would likely not be experiencing this issue. Nevertheless – assuming you are referring to the “connect” social icons within the footer section of the demo, please refer to post #2, item #6 within the JA NEX USER GUIDE for information on how to configure this element.

😎

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Tom.

Cheers for the prompt reply.

The module in question is the one, that resides at the top of your Nex demo page to the left of the Search box in the “social” position.

Ta

Alex

TomC Moderator

Ahhh, my mistake . . .

Same link as above, post #2, item #27 . . .

27 . Follow me

Module Position: socialModule
    Suffix: NOT USED

<div class=”social”><a class=”ico-social ico-facebooks” href=”#” title=”Facebook”><span>Facebook</span></a><a class=”ico-social ico-twitters” href=”#” title=”Twitter”><span>Twitter</span></a><a class=”ico-social ico-rss” href=”#” title=”RSS”><span>RSS</span></a></div>

Backend Settings for this module as in Demo

Front-end appearance

alexsmirnov Friend

Well, so far so good. I created the HTML module and it duly appeared on my front page. Next schoolboy question is where should I enter my personal FB an Twitter credentials to tie the knobs up to my social accounts?

Cheers,

Alex

alexsmirnov Friend

OK. Change of plans.

I’ve now installed the Nex Quick Start pack with sample data to imitate as close as I can your demo but still don’t see where I should tie up the Twitter and FB knobs in the “Follow Me” module to my own credentials.

Ta

Alex

alexsmirnov Friend

[please delete this post]

TomC Moderator

<em>@alexsmirnov 348006 wrote:</em><blockquote>OK. Change of plans.

I’ve now installed the Nex Quick Start pack with sample data to imitate as close as I can your demo but still don’t see where I should tie up the Twitter and FB knobs in the “Follow Me” module to my own credentials.

Ta

Alex</blockquote>

Hey Alex:

Personally, I always begin with the quickstart+sample data installation – as it is infinitely easier (for me, anyway) to start with all that I liked in the demo version and then modify what I want/need – rather than pulling my hair out trying to reinvent the wheel, ya know? 😉

Now, I personally have not played around as much with all of the settings/modules within JA NEX,
    but in effort to answer to your question ….

I believe you enter the link/reference to your own facebook/twitter page(s) within the HTML code.
    More specifically, it would be the “href=”your facebook/twitter page urlwithin the module backend settings.
    <div class=”social”><a class=”ico-social ico-facebooks” href=”#” title=”Facebook”><span>Facebook</span></a><a class=”ico-social ico-twitters” href=”#” title=”Twitter”><span>Twitter</span></a><a class=”ico-social ico-rss” href=”#” title=”RSS”><span>RSS</span></a></div>

Give that a shot and let me know if it works . . . . . . . . or, rather, if my head is full of rocks. 😉

alexsmirnov Friend

Ok. Thank you Tom. I am happy bunny now 😉 Please feel free to mark this thread as solved.

TomC Moderator

<em>@alexsmirnov 348193 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok. Thank you Tom. I am happy bunny now 😉 Please feel free to mark this thread as solved.</blockquote>

Glad to have been of assistance.

All the best with your continued site development.

😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum