Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi, im tryng to place analytics code directly on template.

BUt with T3 II i cant find the </body> tag, si i can place it above it.

Help please 😉

aaronfarias Friend

What file are you in?

xiondesigns Friend

Im not in any file. Thats what i want to know.

In which file of the DEFAULT theme for Ja Anion template does the body end (with body tag </body>) so i can paste my analytics code above it.

Bye 😉

aaronfarias Friend

This is easy to apply with a module, get your code and add it to a html module and assign it to where you require. You can get diiferent size ads when you set up in the google adsence page, so remember to get the best size to suit your site.

xiondesigns Friend

I confused.. I was referring to Google ANALYTICS, sorry 😉

xiondesigns Friend

No one knows how to do this?

bye 😉

megtork Friend

If you are using the Default theme, this is one way to do it.

Go open the file called default.php in plugins/systems/jat3/base-theme/default/page/default.php

You will find </body> tag in the end of the file. You can insert the code there.

Khanh Le Moderator

<em>@megtork 188223 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you are using the Default theme, this is one way to do it.

Go open the file called default.php in plugins/systems/jat3/base-theme/default/page/default.php

You will find </body> tag in the end of the file. You can insert the code there.</blockquote>

It’s right that you could override the page/default.php in your template (don’t not change directly in plugin). However, I think there’s a much simpler method that you can create a module in your joomla administrator, then publish the module to “debug” position. The debug position is loaded right before body close tag.

clarker Friend

Khanh Le

Thanks for the post.
    I am using Google Analytics, I changed template from Purity to Anion and forgot about the code in the template index file. Have been searching for index page in Anion with no joy.
    Found your post here and have created module as you said and viewing the source in IE8 I see the Google code has been inserted before the “/body”.
    I will have to wait a day or two to see if this has worked.
    In the meantime thanks again.
    Richard

UPDATE: 15/10/2010
    Analytics now working – thanks for the post.

jordanjacobs Friend

I will have to wait to see if this works but I changed the page as specified above. I refreshed my browser page to my website and looked at the source and the google analytics code is on the page right before the < /head > tag. I am hopeful this worked! I appreciate the help but joomlart should make this much easier as this is a common action for many users to take. (please!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jordanjacobs 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum