Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dear All,

OK, i installed JA Events 1.7 on my localhost and i’m working on the website and i have this following problem :

When i make any change in the Administration panel in the article titles, menu names, background image, etc….if i click on “View site”, the result of the modification i made doesn’t appear in the website, it’s like nothing happened ! The website didn’t change. Then i have to wait for 5 to 10 minutes until the change appears ! Or another way to make the change appear is to navigate through the website and “play” with the CPanel (changing options, layout, CSS to Mega to CSS) click on the menu button randomly then maybe the change occures but still it’s not systematic and doesn’t appear in all pages.

Please advise, what does this mean ? What to do ?

Thanx

olivercham Friend

Please help me, any help would be highly appreciated.

TomC Moderator

Are you clearing your cache – both JAT3 and your browser cache?

olivercham Friend

Yes i cleared the cache and it works now for the changes i make.
    However, the problem remains the same when i switch from “Default” to “Green-theme” (or any other theme) on the CPanel.
    When i arrive on the “green-theme”, there are the menu changes and names but the background doesn’t change, it is the old one. This is really strange since i changed the background picture name in the CSS…

TomC Moderator

Did you change the background property within the CSS for the different color theme(s) as well?

olivercham Friend

No, i just put a new image background into the image file, i named it “bgtest3” and changed the Layout CSS like this :

/* MAIN LAYOUT DIVS
    ——————————————————— */
    #ja-wrapper { background: url(../images/bgtest3.jpg) no-repeat top center; }

#ja-container .main { padding: 0; background: #5494c9; }

#ja-container .main-inner1 {
    padding: 0 15px 15px;

===========================

Can you please explain me how to change the background property in the CSS for all the themes please ?

TomC Moderator

For most T3 Framework based JATC Tempaltes (for which JA Events is one), the files for the various color themes can be found within the following path . . . tempaltes/ja_events/core/themes/color . . . with “color” being whatever color theme files you look into.

Basically, check the relative CSS within each color theme (or, at least the one(s) you will be utilizing) for the element(s) you want to modify – just as you did/do with your general template.css file.

Just as an added TIP . . . it is very helpful to utilize one of the free web development tools – such as FIREBUG –> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/using-firebug-to-customize-your-site/

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yeah, You can clone Default theme to anything you like and upload theme from Admin site (while making changes to css file to suit your need). Then go to Language & Page Assignments (On JA Template) and your theme will appear there for assignments to menu items.

Try it, let me know if you have problems.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum