Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I configured an Articles Category module for What’s trending in mast-col using home layout according to your Fubix manual. It looks really great. I know that I could display 6 or 8 or even all articles here (the latter may not be reasonable). It just lacks of a way to link to a list of all other (featured) articles.

So my question is: How would I manage to add an “Show all articles” link e.g. below 6 trending topics that would point to a list of all (featured) articles like a menu entry for featured articles like “index.php?option=com_content&view=featured” does?

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

By default, this ‘What’s trending’ module show the features layout of this Articles Category module, so if you want to customise, you will need to open the file: root/templates/ja_fubix/html/mod_articles_category/features.php

and add the link you want above the declaration of javascript at the end of this file, it looks like this:

<div class="viewall"> <a href="your_link_here">View all </a></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    $('#ja-ul-lastnews > li').liveeqboxs();
    });
    </script>

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

By default, this ‘What’s trending’ module show the features layout of this Articles Category module, so if you want to customise, you will need to open the file: root/templates/ja_fubix/html/mod_articles_category/features.php

and add the link you want above the declaration of javascript at the end of this file, it looks like this:

});
    </script>

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

});
    </script>

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Thank you very much for this guide.

Would it be possible to add an option for displaying “Show all” link rather than hacking a file? I posted it in this[/url] “Request & wishlist” forum post.

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Would it be possible to add an option for displaying “Show all” link rather than hacking a file? I posted it in this[/url] “Request & wishlist” forum post.

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Saguaros Moderator

You will have to customise this module to have that option.

For that link, if there are more people interested in this feature, the team will add it.

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Sorry for another question:
    Where would I have to change what to make the View All (on our site https://test.ulc-moedling.at: Alle Artikel anzeigen) link look like a module header (you defined <div class=”viewall”>)?
    I.e. Background = Module Title Background Color, Text color = Module Title Text Color as defined in Thememagic

Ideally the whole block with the text “Alle Artikel anzeigen” would be in module header style.

<update>
    I found the solution myself. In /templates/ja_fubix/local/css/themes/myTheme/template.css I added:

div.viewall a {
    color: #fff
    }
    div.viewall a:hover,
    div.viewall a:focus,
    div.viewall a:active {
    color: #111
    }
    div.viewall {
    background: #c33
    border-bottom: solid 1px #e5e5e5
    font-family: 'novecento_wide_bookbold', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-weight: normal;
    line-height: 20px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 15px 20px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    text-align: center;
    }

Is there anything I could do better to achieve this?
    </update>

Cheers

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Where would I have to change what to make the View All (on our site https://test.ulc-moedling.at: Alle Artikel anzeigen) link look like a module header (you defined <div class=”viewall”>)?
    I.e. Background = Module Title Background Color, Text color = Module Title Text Color as defined in Thememagic

Ideally the whole block with the text “Alle Artikel anzeigen” would be in module header style.

<update>
    I found the solution myself. In /templates/ja_fubix/local/css/themes/myTheme/template.css I added:

div.viewall a {
    }
    }
    div.viewall {
    }

</update>

Cheers

Klaus Ondrich Friend

<update>

div.viewall a {
    }
    }
    div.viewall {
    }

</update>

Cheers

Saguaros Moderator

You don’t need to add the div there and remember to add semicolon after the color code. For example:

.viewall {
    background: #c33;
    color: #fff;
    /*.....*/
    }

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Thank you for the advice concerning div. Semi-colons where already present in my code and in my documentation. They were cut-off by the forum system in the
    tag, because the color codes were transformed to URLs – cutting off the semi-colons.
    Current code is:
    .viewall a {
    }
    .viewall a:hover,
    .viewall a:focus,
    .viewall a:active {
    color: #111;
    }
    .viewall {
    background: #c33;
    border-bottom: solid 1px #e5e5e5;
    }

Saguaros Moderator

You can use inspect element and see that above style is not applied on your site. Kindly check again.

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Because you checked our test site rather than the production site. I did not mention that I did those changes just on production site https://www.ulc-moedling.at.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Klaus Ondrich 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum