Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have an old Joomla 1.5 site running the JA Portfolio template. I would like to get it to Joomla 3.8. I’ve installed the 3.8 JA Portfolio template and tried a few sample auto importers. However, its completely changed the content on my pages. The menus are there in the back-end but they no longer show on the pages. Also, missing other page content.

What I’m I doing wrong or am I doing something that is not possible?

Example:
    my 1.5 Page
    to this in 3.8

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Joomla provides guideline for how to migrate Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 3.x: https://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.5_to_3.x_Step_by_Step_Migration

For the menu, kindly check its status in backend and check the menu configuration in template manager again.

Regards

kspeegle Friend

Thanks for getting back to me. I found a great migration plug in and it got me about 97% of the way there. It was missing a few modules like "JA Tabs" along with the "HomePage Slide Show". But, I working with them to see why it was left out of the transfer. Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

Great to hear that!

kspeegle Friend

Ok… so I still have a problem. I need the following modules.

• mod_jaslideshow2
    • mod_jacontentslide
    • mod_jacontentslider2
    • mod_jatabs
    • mod_k2_content

I found the JA Tabs extension but it will not let me download it without paying. Not sure why that’s not covered by my 1 year membership plan as it states that I get all JATC extensions. Is that somehow not an JATC extension? Also, where do I find the others.

Thanks

kspeegle Friend

So I just purchased the Extensions membership and I was able to get everything rebuild from scratch except the JA Tabs. In 1.5 I could make a module with JA Tabs. How do I work with it now that’s its a system extension? I found some code in my template documentation for portfolio and added it to a custom module. However, it’s completely broken. I see some of my 1.5 copy in the tabs. But nothing is right. How do I work with the new JA Tabs. Thanks.

kspeegle Friend

Update….. So I found the JA Tabs Document. I’m down to just three problems I can’t seem to figure out.

1. Why is all the content (Not Tabs) 260px wide. I’ve gone round and round adding the width code to zero effect.
      Seems to be coming from here:
      .ja-tabswrap div.k2ItemsBlock .moduleItemIntrotext {
      width: 260px;
      }
    2. My icons are now missing from the tabs? Not sue where to find them or add/change them.
    3. Have an extra tab i don’t need. "Welcome" tab. Can’t figure out where to turn it off.

I’m currently in a custom module using this code:
    {jatabs type="modules" module="tabs" position="top" mouseType="hover"} {/jatabs}

I will be set if I can figure these thing out.

Thanks,
    Keith

1. Tabs
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Keith,

Is that ok now? Share me the credentials of your site if you need help on this.

Regards

kspeegle Friend

Thanks, would love to. How can I share that info with you in a private way.

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum