Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

It seems that the Carousel module takes the articles from the assigned category and just sets the article’s title as the title of the carousel’s step as well as the beginning of the text as short text in carousel.

Is it possible to adjust that? For example to make some JA Extra Fields at the article and name it for example “Carousel Title” and “Carousel Short Text” and adjust the carousel module, that it would get the data from these fields?

1. carouselquest
    ilhl Friend

Ok, i think i’ve got at least a workaround for my intention.

ilhl Friend

my problem was, that i wanted carousel title be different from the article’s title and the carousel short text to be different from the beginning of the article’s text, cause my articles are finished and they are good as they are..and the carousel texts should be more striking..
    so my idea was to make extra articles for carousel module, switch “read more” in the module off and instead of that set a link to the “correct artcle” in the text of the “carousel article”.. it works ofc, but i have to switch “link title” off also, because otherwise the title would get the user to the “carousel article”, what i don’t want..
    so another idea now is to switch displaying of the article title in the carousel module off and set a <p> in the text with a link, so it would look like title, but link to the “correct” article..

the question is: is it possible to switch off the displaying of article’s title in the carousel module?

Ninja Lead Moderator

If you want to switch off the displaying of article’s title in the carousel module, you want to change this way

+ Open templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_articles_category/carousel.php file, find and remove <?php echo $item->title; ?> line 57 and 65

ilhl Friend

could it be, that the carousel igrnores <p> tags in the article? i mean it definitely does, but is it wanted like that or is it a bug?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@ilhl 483018 wrote:</em><blockquote>could it be, that the carousel igrnores <p> tags in the article? i mean it definitely does, but is it wanted like that or is it a bug?</blockquote>

In this case, maybe you have to remove from templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_articles_category/carousel.php file with my red mark below

<p class="mod-articles-category-introtext">
    <?php echo $item->displayIntrotext; ?>
    </p>

<p class="mod-articles-category-readmore">
    <a class="mod-articles-category-title btn btn-link <?php echo $item->active; ?>" href="<?php echo $item->link; ?>">
    <?php if ($item->params->get('access-view')== FALSE) :
    echo JText::_('MOD_ARTICLES_CATEGORY_REGISTER_TO_READ_MORE');
    elseif ($readmore = $item->alternative_readmore) :
    echo $readmore;
    echo JHtml::_('string.truncate', $item->title, $params->get('readmore_limit'));
    elseif ($params->get('show_readmore_title', 0) == 0) :
    echo JText::sprintf('TPL_MOD_ARTICLES_CATEGORY_READ_MORE_TITLE');
    else :
    echo JText::_('TPL_MOD_ARTICLES_CATEGORY_READ_MORE');
    endif; ?>
    </a>
    </p>

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@ilhl 483018 wrote:</em><blockquote>could it be, that the carousel igrnores <p> tags in the article? i mean it definitely does, but is it wanted like that or is it a bug?</blockquote>

In this case, maybe you have to remove from templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_articles_category/carousel.php file with my red mark below

</p>

<a class="mod-articles-category-title btn btn-link <?php echo $item->active; ?>" href="<?php echo $item->link; ?>">
    echo $readmore;
    else :
    endif; ?>
    </a>
    </p>

Ninja Lead Moderator

</p>

echo $readmore;
    else :
    endif; ?>
    </a>
    </p>

ilhl Friend

i only asked, because i wanted to have it exactly like in demo.. i mean it should look like that but it should link to another articles (as i wrote above).. if i delete this tags in the php file, then (to keep the same style) i would have to set the
    <p class=”mod-articles-category-introtext”> </p> around my text in the article’s body, right?

and the tag <p class=”mod-articles-category-readmore”> – i think i can keep that, because i switched the “readmore”-option off for that articles anyway..right?

ilhl Friend

i only asked, because i wanted to have it exactly like in demo.. i mean it should look like that but it should link to another articles (as i wrote above).. if i delete this tags in the php file, then (to keep the same style) i would have to set the
    <p class=”mod-articles-category-introtext”> </p> around my text in the article’s body, right?

and the tag <p class=”mod-articles-category-readmore”> – i think i can keep that, because i switched the “readmore”-option off for that articles anyway..right?

ilhl Friend

Ninja Lead Moderator

If you want to keep the same as our demo and change the link to other article you can change from templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_articles_category/carousel.php file with

</p>

and <?php echo $item->displayIntrotext; ?> is text in the article’s body

Ninja Lead Moderator

If you want to keep the same as our demo and change the link to other article you can change from templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_articles_category/carousel.php file with

</p>

Ninja Lead Moderator

</p>

ilhl Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 483496 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you want to keep the same as our demo and change the link to other article you can change from templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_articles_category/carousel.php file with

</p>

and <?php echo $item->displayIntrotext; ?> is text in the article’s body</blockquote>

sorry, maybe i don’t get it or i miss something.. and i don’t have access to the Server for the next couple of hours, so i can’t check it.. but if i look on your post #6, then it Looks for me as it is the same code, that is already in the php?

i understood it that way, that i should replace the code of #6 with code of #8.. but maybe you meant it that way, that i should adjust the code of #8 as i need it? well, then i better let it as it is, cause i’m not that good coder and it works right now.. ok the readmore-link comes directly after the text (i wanted to have it in the next line like in demo) and the title is not linked, but.. it’s not that important..i can accept that, before trying coding and smashing the whole thing 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ilhl 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum