Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I am trying to add a background image to a module but I don’t seem to get the path right. I know I’ve got the right spot to add the code because I am able to change the background color but when I try to add the url(“my-image-path”) part, nothing changes. I’ve placed the image in the templates/purity_iii/images/ folder. What should I write as the url?

Thanks.

David

TomC Moderator

What is the image path you are writing within the relative CSS code for the module?

Also, it would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on – as well as identify the particular module to which you refer.

dmontpe Friend

Hi Tom,

I’ve tried all I could think of: “/images/prueba_verde.jpg”, “prueba_verde.jpg”, “./images/prueba_verde.jpg”, I even tried the full url.

What I’m trying to change is the slideshow class. Here’s the url: http://pensarparacrecer.com/tstgr/public. (Yeah, I know it’s an ugly url but it’s just for testing 🙂 )

TomC Moderator

So for which module are you trying to set images?

Are you trying to set a background image for the large (currently purple) area within which you currently have your slideshow?

dmontpe Friend

Yes, that’s right. Module was the wrong word, actually.

dmontpe Friend

By the way, since I posted the url and you can see the site, I’ll ask you this. I noticed that when I close the sidebar, the megamenu “jumps”. Is that a bug or has something to do with the way my site is set up?

TomC Moderator

I’m thinking you had your image written wrong . . . . try the following:

If you haven’t yet done so, create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/purity_iii/css/

Within that custom.css file, paste the following CSS rule:

.corporate .slideshow {

background: url("/tstgr/public/templates/purity_iii/images/prueba_verde.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0 #4e5fa3;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #eeeeee;
    padding: 40px 0;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Is that what you were going for ??

dmontpe Friend

No luck, Tom. It’s weird, though. When I was trying by myself, I made the change straight in the corporate.less file. As I said, color changes were applied but no image. However, now that I added the code to the custom.css file, not only the image doesn’t show up but I have also tried a different color and it doesn’t change either. It’s like the custom.css file is not being read.

Any ideas?

TomC Moderator

Do me a favor – temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “Off” within your Template Manager–General settings.

Let me know when you’ve done this.

dmontpe Friend

I’ve got Development Mode on so Optimize CSS is already off.

TomC Moderator

<em>@dmontpe 446481 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve got Development Mode on so Optimize CSS is already off.</blockquote>

Switch Development Mode off – for now

dmontpe Friend

Development mode off.

TomC Moderator

Okay, Try This . . . .

Within file path —> /templates/purity_iii/local/css/themes/purple/layouts/corporate.css
    at line 1, modify as follows:

.corporate .slideshow {
    background: url("/tstgr/public/templates/purity_iii/images/prueba_verde.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0 #4e5fa3;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #eeeeee;
    padding: 40px 0;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Is that what you were going for ??

dmontpe Friend

It worked, Tom. Thanks a lot. Now I just need to tweak around a bit more.

One question, though. Would a change made in that file carry over to the next template update.

TomC Moderator

<em>@dmontpe 446549 wrote:</em><blockquote>It worked, Tom. Thanks a lot. Now I just need to tweak around a bit more.

One question, though. Would a change made in that file carry over to the next template update.</blockquote>

It may not . . . . However, if you want to customize one theme in this template and don’t want to loose these custom work when updating template, you can customize any theme via: /templates/purity_iii/local folder.

We’ve recently implemented a new feature in new version of T3 framework so that customer can add custom work in a folder which can’t be affected when updating template. You can check out this documentation for more information: http://t3-framework.org/documentation/new-features#isolate-template

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum