Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

This may be obvious to everyone else but is the Cpanel and User-Theme functionality for developers trying to sell themes so buyers can try out different styles? Other than that why would you let an end user switch themes?

Thanks for any replies.
    Brian

Scott Lavelle Friend

Re: Cpanel: I’ve wondered why you would want to give the user the option for different layouts and such. If it were a choice of “themes” for different color options, I’d understand better.

But I CAN see the value of the cpanel for during development, as it lets you choose between different layouts on the fly rather than having to go to the layout codes and change for individual pages. It can let you try out a number of options quickly.

As far as the user themes, I totally get them. You can make user profiles that you can assign to individual pages or however you like. Sure, you could just edit the default things, but why, when you can create something called “testimonial letters” and use that for the “testimonial letters” page and have it bear a completely different look than some of the other pages. A photo gallery or Blog page would be other examples where you would want a different look for the page and user profiles allow you to easily create them and keep your sanity with names that make sense to what they go with.

Does that help?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

coldlamper Friend

Yes some. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  coldlamper 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum