Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Can someone please explain to me what the difference between “Subscribe to” and “Replies” and “New Comments” means?

If it is literally if New Comments means when someone uses the main comments box, and if Replies means someone hit the Reply button and added a comment, shouldn’t there be a “New Comments & Replies” or “All” button? Otherwise, won’t users miss one or the other type of comment?

Or does “New Comment” mean any new comment (replies AND regular comments)?

Please shed some light on this for me.

Thanks!

nghiatd Friend

Dear jaystarkey,

When you post new comment or reply a comment you will see “Subscribe to” field.
    There are 3 type of “Subscribe to”:
    + “None”: you can’t get any mail from other people who post comment in current article.
    + “Replies”: you will get mail from other people who reply to your comment in current article.
    + “New Comments” : you will get mail from other people who post comment in current article.

Best Regards.

hamlethub Friend

If I wanted to make it so that they can subscribe to either or both (like a checkbox), is that possible? I believe most people would want to subscribe to replies to their post, as well as additional comments that might be added to the article. It appears from your response that you can currently choose one or the other, but not both.

Please let me know if that is possible to do.

Thanks!

nghiatd Friend

Hello,

I don’t think that we need to use checkbox to subscribe to either or both.
    <blockquote>I believe most people would want to subscribe to replies to their post, as well as additional comments that might be added to the article</blockquote>
    They only select the option “New Comments” to get new comments and reply comment in current article.

Best Regards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nghiatd 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum