Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

What is the difference between Nex T3 version and Nex T3V2 version, in the downloads section i see that T3 files has 2014 update date and in T3V2 version it has 2013 update date.

Can you please explain what is the difference, and which would be better, i’ll be using for Joomla 2.5

pavit Moderator

Hi

Difference is the T3 Framework version

Ja Nex has 2 versions in the download section

1) JA Nex for Joomla 3 and Joomla 2.5 developed with JA T3v2 Framework
    2) JA Nex for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3 developed with T3 Framework

You can find the desciptions for both versions at this page

<blockquote>Can you please explain what is the difference, and which would be better, i’ll be using for Joomla 2.5</blockquote>

Would be better to use The T3 Version 3

alexsmirnov Friend

Both T3 and T3 version 2 work brilliantly with Joomla 2.5 and T3 v 2 is newer and more advanced framework, hence it provides you with some new features, such as:

– AJAX for Joomla backend control panel – convinience for you as Joomla administrator
    – template cache, compressed CSS/JS files and not loading files not in use – faster site for your visitors
    and so forth
    – template profiles – your ability fine-tune look and feel of your web-site per specific pages and/or sections

For full comparison between T3 and T3v2 please check out our corresponding wiki at http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Overview

As my senior colleague pavit said, your best bet is to go for our newest and most advanced framework T3 version 3.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Alex

palos Friend

I have not found myself so restricted :p before but I was totally confused when I chose Nex T3.

My Site says:
    Congrats! You are using latest version of T3 Framework!
    Your version is 2.1.6

If it is true then what about V2, V3?
    Or is it just a grammatical joke? …Yes, we have the latest T3 but not the T3V3 what is the newest at all -meaning T3 2.16 is fresh but T3 2.15 is old.

I made my decision because the “old” T3 Nex template and its addons were a year younger(!) then the “new” T3 V2… what has/had no J3.2 support.

Yes it would be nice to use T3V3 if Nex template would exist for the platform.

Well, am I thinking bad?
    – T3V3 is the newest – but has no Nex template yet
    – T3V2 is the second newest – but has no J3.2 template yet
    – T3 is the oldest one – but it owns the most fresh updates and it is for J3.2 as well

:((:-[:eek:

pavit Moderator

Hi

I think your consusion is about the T3V3 Framework

If you check the Ja Nex download page it has 3 categories

Joomla 3 & 2.5 (JA T3v2 Framework) JA Nex for Joomla 3 and Joomla 2.5 developed with JA T3v2 Framework
    Joomla 3 & 2.5 (T3 Framework) JA Nex for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3 developed with T3 Framework
    Joomla 1.5

essentially there are 2 versions

1) JA T3v2 Framework V2=version2

2) T3 Framework same as T3V3

Now both Frameworks works on Joomla 3 and 2.5 but latest templare developed on T3(T3V3) Framework uses bootstrap so it is a responsive template.

regarding the plugins updates here the 2 downloads pages

1) T3 Framework

2) JA T3v2 Framework

billyray Friend

I have upgraded a site from V2 to V3 and it works great, I did notice that the “Drop Line” menu option is no longer available in v3, I was using drop line menu in v2 site and was forced to change to drop down. Will this option be available in future?

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>Will this option be available in future?</blockquote>

Are you having specific problems using the Drop down menu ? because i don’t think that this feature will be added again, since the two are equivalent

billyray Friend

Not having an issue drop down works fine but drop line looks better on this template. There was a Drop Line menu available in t3v2 for ja_Nex that’s how my client wanted it and now it’s gone. Is there a way to add it from old code? It would be nice to have.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  billyray 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum