Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

This must be something basic… but it escapes me… i have an entry above my first (and only) front page entry that says ‘Welcome to the Frontpage’ and the title of the homepage on the browser is also ‘Welcome to the Frontpage’.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it… but it’s not on the demo sites, so it must be doable…

mfcphil Friend

You must go to the parametres part of the page you are editing and turn on or off the show page title….stay here for a while turning things on and off and keep refreshing your page to see what everything does…..Things WILL becomes clearer

skyrun Friend

i am pretty sure that isn’t my problem. see http://www.skyruncondos.com/skyrun

when i turn the title off, the article title does indeed go off, but the ‘welcome to the frontpage’ which is on top of the title and in addition to it, does not go off.

bernhar Friend

Hi skyrun,

this is unrelated to the template but normal Joomla stuff. Edit the first item in your main menu (usually called Home) and look at it´s third and forth parameter from the top of the list called “page title”. mfcphil told you already to do this and he is right.

Bernhard

skyrun Friend

right you are bernhar. thanks. i thought mfcphil was telling me to not show the title on the content item itself. i didn’t think about the menu title having a title also, which was absolutely the problem.

joomla 1.5 works differently (in a good way) to change the title on every menu choice… which is a GREAT improvement that i hadn’t noticed. thanks for taking the time to ‘school’ me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  skyrun 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum