Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I try ja_business demo (like this template :))
    http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_business
    and see two problems:

1- Push Home button in Topmenu -> the phrase “Welcome to the Frontpage” (btw very big — height: 36px;) appears above site news
    But if you select Home button in MainMenu you can’t see such phrase.
    How to remove “Welcome to the Frontpage” ?

2- In Google Chrome 9.0.597.98 can’t see Toppanel (when I select MainMenu item Explore -> Toppanel)

Best wishes!

aman204 Friend

It is page title which can be set to hide here ::

admin >> menus >> home >> parameters(system)

Set in show page title to no

andy12345678 Friend

<em>@aman204 222779 wrote:</em><blockquote>It is page title which can be set to hide here ::

admin >> menus >> home >> parameters(system)

Set in show page title to no</blockquote>
    Thank you Aman! Worked!
    Iteresting: “page title” can be any but site show only (when show switch is on) “Welcome to the Frontpage”:laugh:

cougniot Friend

This is not a solution…
    I’d like to change the title and put mine…
    But it seems impossible.

It works on all other pages but not on the frot page…
    If I cahnge the tite and check “show title” my title apprars in the navigator head, but not on the page in the template. I allways have “welcome to the front page…

Than ks to tell us how to display OUR title

Thanks

aman204 Friend

<em>@cougniot 231396 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is not a solution…
    I’d like to change the title and put mine…
    But it seems impossible.

It works on all other pages but not on the frot page…
    If I cahnge the tite and check “show title” my title apprars in the navigator head, but not on the page in the template. I allways have “welcome to the front page…

Than ks to tell us how to display OUR title

Thanks</blockquote>

Will it be possible for you to please pm me superadmin details to take closer look

jeffreyd00 Friend

I understand this is solved but it might be helpful to those that are new with Joomla the solution. Which is..
    Go to Menu|Main Menu|Home| on the right go to System Paramaters and either change the Page Title or hide.

slowthink Friend

hi
    I have a similar trouble, if I change the site name in system parametrer the new title see on the back end (administrator side) but not in front end. in front end side I see “Welcome to Ja Business” how ca i change this? :((:confused:
    thanks.

jeffreyd00 Friend

Go to control panel / global config and edit Site Name

Phill Moderator

Take a look at the administrator language files and adjust in there (assuming you are talking the wording on the page)

administrator>language>en-GB>en-GB.plg_system_jat3.ini

#_________________________Frontend-language___________________________#
    YOU ARE HERE=You are here
    SKIP TO CONTENT=Skip to content
    HOME PAGE TITLE=Welcome to the Frontpage

slowthink Friend

thanks, but I need to modify the text near to ico file (number 1 in attachment picture) but i can’t do it. Idon’t know if this depend to, i prefer a static text in the page (same for all page of front end), now I have a dymamic text (depend to page select). if possible change it?
    the text set to admin >> menus >> home >> parameters(system) appear in number 2 point of attachment and is correct.
    thanks

1. head
    jeffreyd00 Friend

are you running SH404SEF or another SEO component?

Phill Moderator

Please PM me an admin logon along with the text you would like to appear and I will change it for you.

It is set as Aman says but if you are having trouble locating it I am happy to change it for you.

Phill Moderator

Thanks for your PM.

I have changed the text for you. As Aman said go into your admin panel.

Click on Menus>Main Menu

Click on the Home item

In the right of the screen click on Parameters (System) where you will see and entry called “Page Title”. You put your title in that box and save the settings.

Good luck with your site.

slowthink Friend

thanks a lot, now I see the right place to set page title 🙂

aman204 Friend

<em>@slowthink 237750 wrote:</em><blockquote>thanks, but I need to modify the text near to ico file (number 1 in attachment picture) but i can’t do it. Idon’t know if this depend to, i prefer a static text in the page (same for all page of front end), now I have a dymamic text (depend to page select). if possible change it?
    the text set to admin >> menus >> home >> parameters(system) appear in number 2 point of attachment and is correct.
    thanks</blockquote>

You may wish to try out this extension ::

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/seo-a-metadata/4102

as this would allow you to set global page title + content title to show. Also, This extension would help you in S.E.O

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  aman204 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum