Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Please take a look at, http://gymcatcheer.com/joomla/ and let me know why the footer is all the way up under the content?

Something is not right, but I can’t figure out what is wrong.

Thanks.

instantinlaw Friend

It looks like the container is not being displayed properly.
    Although I am no expert on css, you can try one of 3 things.
    Search for the following in the template_css.css

#ja-containerwrap {
    padding: 0;
    margin-top: 5px;
    text-align: left;
    }

and change it to

#ja-containerwrap {
    height: auto;
    }

or you can try

#ja-containerwrap {
    height: 100%;
    }

or you can set a minimum height by changing it to something like

#ja-containerwrap {
    height: 1000px;
    }

Refresh the page after applying the changes.
    Hope this helps.

instantinlaw Friend

Actually the last one should be

#ja-containerwrap {
    min-height: 1000px;
    }

Or whatever you want the minimum height to be.

pibrew Friend

thanks…that seems to work.

I now have a different problem with the template. I have two modules placed in User 1 and User 2. It is “cutting off” the second modules on each User 1 and User 2. Id you refresh the page a couple of times you will see that the other modules appear, but are then covered up by the main body.

Also….how do you extend the main black body of the site? It looks like the black of the main body is only extending just a little, so if any other stories are added they will be in the gray area and not the black area as intended.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

instantinlaw Friend

I am not sure why you are having these problems, but I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that you are running Joomla from within a folder, and not from the site root. I suggest reinstalling the site in the root, but here is the answer to your request.
    In template_css.css
    change

#ja-mainbody {
    float: left;
    width: 80%;
    border: 2px solid #000000;
    }

to

#ja-mainbody {
    float: left;
    width: 80%;
    border: 2px solid #000000;
    min_height: 1000px;
    }

or to whatever you want the minimum height to be.
    and change

#ja-topsl {
    clear: both;
    background: url(../images/topsl-bg.jpg) no-repeat #000000;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    border-top: 1px solid #333333;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
    }

to

#ja-topsl {
    clear: both;
    background: url(../images/topsl-bg.jpg) no-repeat #000000;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    border-top: 1px solid #333333;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
    height: 300px;
    min-height: 300px;
    }

This is going to become tedious though as you go along with this template. I highly recommend installing the site in the root.
    Good luck.

pibrew Friend

well, I have given up on having more than three modules in place because it does cuts off the ones below it. I wish this could be fixed because it is very agravating.

I know this will sound crazy, but I can’t figure out the line where to change the code to make this text white, http://gymcatcheer.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_staff&Itemid=31.

Thanks,

Robert

pibrew Friend

<em>@pibrew 21948 wrote:</em><blockquote>well, I have given up on having more than three modules in place because it does cuts off the ones below it. I wish this could be fixed because it is very agravating.

I know this will sound crazy, but I can’t figure out the line where to change the code to make this text white, http://gymcatcheer.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_staff&Itemid=31.

Thanks,

Robert</blockquote>

I figured out the text color issue, but still have no idea about the module problem. If I put more than one module in the User 1 slot it will only show the first one and cuts off the second one.

ShannonN Friend

pibrew;21948well, I have given up on having more than three modules in place because it does cuts off the ones below it. I wish this could be fixed because it is very agravating.

Thanks,

Robert

check the size, height of the module an set to absolute height ( you provide the amt in px or 100 % height in the admin backend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 16 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum