Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I had a design on my site that I’d developed myself but it lacked something extra in the look (typography mainly) and because it is gradually getting bigger I needed many more module positions and have always admired the work of joomlart so when i saw ja senecio I thought it was perfect for my needs.

I have done some work to make it look as similar as it was before but now looks tons better.

Take a look!

http://www.planningmybigday.com

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Cool site. JoomlArt template is not only joomla template, but also it is a solution for webmaster :D. I think your site will be better if you change color header and link to pink or violet color. 😀 . And much better if you have a photo of couple in your header.
    Hope this help 🙂

hellonow Friend

Thanks for that interesting feedback, I will take your thoughts into consideration. Thanks for taking the time to look at my site.

swemmel Friend

Hi there,

Very nice website. Only very pink. 😉 One thing, when you choose for “Brides”, the advertisement in the right column drops down (IE6, here).

Kind Regards,
    Peter.

hellonow Friend

Thanks for that. I just checked on IE7 (the only one on my computer) and it looks ok so must be a prob with IE6 only. I might get rid of those ads those as they dont serve any real purpose.

ShannonN Friend

hellonow;14661Thanks for that. I just checked on IE7 (the only one on my computer) and it looks ok so must be a prob with IE6 only. I might get rid of those ads those as they dont serve any real purpose.

Hi
    I found the header needs work, the text is way too big, just to pad out to fill the space, needs some artwork in there and the text size reduced, the forum template could be a better colour there are so many themes for the forums out there I’m sure you can find a better suited one that matches the site?

While I realize its a work in progress, I feel it’s still lacking that professional polish, if thats not too harsh or offensive?

Please make the first page the “Brides page” it looks far better than a supplies page and rename it HOME, every visitor needs to see a “Home” button its convention! 🙂

Hope I haven’t been too harsh
    ShannonN

ShannonN Friend

hellonow;14661Thanks for that. I just checked on IE7 (the only one on my computer) and it looks ok so must be a prob with IE6 only. I might get rid of those ads those as they dont serve any real purpose.

Download Firefox 2.02 as well you need to test in FF as well as IE.
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Cheers ShannonN

hellonow Friend

<em>@ShannonN 14698 wrote:</em><blockquote>Download Firefox 2.02 as well you need to test in FF as well as IE.
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

Hi Shannon – I work in and use Mozilla only! I only use IE for testing purposes! It looks okay this end. Is there something awry on your view in mozilla?

hellonow Friend

<em>@ShannonN 14697 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    I found the header needs work, the text is way too big, just to pad out to fill the space, needs some artwork in there and the text size reduced, the forum template could be a better colour there are so many themes for the forums out there I’m sure you can find a better suited one that matches the site?

While I realize its a work in progress, I feel it’s still lacking that professional polish, if thats not too harsh or offensive?

Please make the first page the “Brides page” it looks far better than a supplies page and rename it HOME, every visitor needs to see a “Home” button its convention! 🙂

Hope I haven’t been too harsh
    ShannonN</blockquote>

No, you havent been too harsh, its always good to get other opinions. I will be changing the header in the way you suggest because I have had similar feedback quite a lot today!

It is a work in progress and needs more content I think is why it doesnt look as professional as it could. I am trying to stay away from it looking like every other directory out there so that is why I chose this template.

The brides page was only put there to offer more content and get SEO improved in a way to back up the directory aspect of it so I would prefer not to make that the home page (plus I dont have enough time to update it enough to warrant being a main feature).

Thanks for the feedback, youve given me quite a lot of food for though.

Claire

ShannonN Friend

hellonow;14699Hi Shannon – I work in and use Mozilla only! I only use IE for testing purposes! It looks okay this end. Is there something awry on your view in mozilla?

Strange I saw this

Thanks for that. I just checked on IE7 (the only one on my computer)

and thought you only had IE 7 on your computer hence the link?

hellonow Friend

<em>@ShannonN 14702 wrote:</em><blockquote>Strange I saw this and thought you only had IE 7 on your computer hence the link?</blockquote>

Heh, I meant 7 was the only version of IE on my computer – I didn’t have IE6 that the other person viewed on. My mistake – bad grammar!

ShannonN Friend

hellonow;14703Heh, I meant 7 was the only version of IE on my computer – I didn’t have IE6 that the other person viewed on. My mistake – bad grammar!

Yeah I kinda guessed that was the case after you said you used FF 🙂

samwilson Friend

Great work. I like your site very much. You have done a fabulous job.

tonglimit Friend

Say to Balenciaga, affirmation will remind of its home motorcycle bag, classic tassel details, contracted and generous, generally be favored concise dress personage place praise highly Balenciaga Handbags have a paragraph of bag is Balenciaga Handbags Giant City 084332 In Apricot make you enchanted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tonglimit 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum