Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

i recently had a problem but it seems its the template or something, it keeps loading in Firefox and doesn’t stop loading even if everything has loaded correctly, i have tried even this on the demo template http://joomla-templates.joomlart.com/ja_muzic/index.php/en/artists/95-rihanna and its that similar page where it keeps loading the audio files forever the browser loading icon keeps rotating without end.

On all other browsers it loads ok, i have even tried on different computers and it completes loading but it seems only in Firefox. im using Firefox 25 and even tried on lower versions still the same.. any help .THANKS

phong nam Friend

Hi kelvinsn,

On JA Muzic template, We use the HTML5 Audio to display the .mp3 files that requires the vistor’s computer to have a installed media pack (i.e Windows Media Player) to play the mp3 file on Firefox.

In addition, it is mentioned that the FF 21 and higher versionnow supports the HTML5 audio runs on Windows 7, 8. I have checked out the demo artist link on my FF 25.01 runs on Windows 8, the mp3 audio played fine.

kelvinsn Friend

ok, after a long while it finishes loading but after checking it seems to be preloading the audio files which is making it take too long to finish loading the page as some of the audio files are big, i have tried to include preload “none”

<p>{jamedia src=”audio/source/d_dem-na.mp3″ type=”audio” mtype=”mp3″ preload=”none” title=”Winky D Dem Nah Care”}</p>

but it still preloads and caches part of the audio before its played. How do i stop it from preloading the audio file. THANKS

phong nam Friend

Hi,

By default on the artist’s page of JA Muzic template, the audio .mp3 files will be displayed with audio attribute preload=”metadata” that the browser should load only metadata of audio when the page loads. This issue comes from the Firefox browser itself because as we also found that the page of audio files still work fine on Chrome, Safari and IE.

Anyways, I have already fixed this issue on my Firefox 25.01 by resetting the browser with disabled add-ons. I tested the demo page after resetting the browser and it loaded this page fine with very fast loading.

I followed these two FF tips:

– Fix common video and audio issues: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-common-audio-and-video-issues
    – Reset browser: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems?esab=a&s=crash+on+youtube&r=0&as=s

kelvinsn Friend

but i can’t users to reset there browsers or disable their addons to view the site when all other sites open ok, where do i remove this default setting preload=”metadata” because on every computer i tested on firefox there is that behavior which mean all those FF browsers cant have the same conflicts or problems. THANKS

phong nam Friend

Hi,

Actually, Preload: “metadata” is the default setting of jPlayer (HTML5 Audio and Video jQuery) that you can find in our JA AVTracklist plugin with pluginscontentjaavtracklistmediaplayerjsjquery.jplayer.min.js file, then you need to find codes:

options:{swfPath:”js”,solution:”html, flash”,supplied:”mp3″,preload:”metadata”,volume:0.8,muted:!1,wmode:”opaque”,backgroundColor:”#000000″

You should backup the file before editing.

Note: Editing the core files of a plugin is not the solution. And as i mentioned above that this issue belongs to the Firefox problems on user’s computer which can be solved by resetting the browser with disabled add-ons. However, we do hope that the next update of Firefox will improve the HTML 5 audio loading and pre-loading feature so that the audio files (i.e mp3) can be played more properly.

kelvinsn Friend

thanks a lot this has solved my problem, apparently it was taking too long try to read the metadata, why i don’t know why but disabling it has cleared the issue 🙂 its now loading properly without delay on all FF browsers regardless of version, i think its either my files or the sizes of the file making it taking to long to read metadata or preload. thanks

phong nam Friend

You are welcome, Kelvinsn 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum