Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have one customer in US but I don’t know at all what is the web desigining market price in US.

Here is the detail:

1) Customer from New York
    2) Normal website, not eCommerce website
    3) Around 20 – 30 pages
    4) The customer already has all material, I just need to redesign his website
    5) Not included hosting and domain name, customer already has it

What is the best price I can offer him in US?

Kent

nefar Friend

He may have 20 pages but that really does not mean anything. It really depends on what he really wants.
    How many unique styling elements will be required for pages?
    Does he want a heavy graphic page with flash, animated graphics et cetera?
    Will you be using a CMS, standard xhtml, or will you be doing custom programing with php, asp, or cold fusion?
    Does he want custom graphic work and a new logo done?
    Does this guy seem like a pain in the ass? If so I would take that into consideration in the price lol.

There are many things that can change the price point. However, you can always google away and look at design companies and what they charge. You could probably find some person that makes utterly garbage looking sites that would do it for $200 and on the opposite side you could find someone that would charge $5000. In the end it will come down to what you’re willing to accept. Personally, I don’t care what the job is If I’m not making at least $1500+ it’s not worth the headache of having to deal with people.

markb1439 Friend

I agree. Despite today’s economy, I’m seeing a trend of quality web designers commanding higher rates…some people won’t do a site for less than $3000…period. Certain niche markets are even more lucrative. For example, a friend of mine is an attorney, and he has told me about several of his friends (other attorneys) who have paid $10k+ for sites. Some of those sites are very basic designs, nothing too elaborate.

Other ways to increase your prices are to specialize in certain niches, for example creating social networking sites. Find a skill that few other developers have, then market yourself accordingly.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Thanks you both, I appreciate your advice.

markb1439, your advice is good, create niche market. I like that and I will do that. 🙂

Good luck to your all too.

markb1439 Friend

Thank you! Best of luck to you too!

stevesmile Friend

I would say aprice tag of $1500 to $2000 will be good.. However you can chrge much higher if your customer is totally devoted to you.:p

mj1256 Friend

a web designer is a lot different than a website developer

a design designs with very little programming

a developer has programming skills and can actual code the site

a developer gets a higher rate than a designer for this reason

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum