Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

So, today is the day of the days when it comes to Internet Explorer 8 and Template Developers saying “We need a stable version to get all the bugs out of our templates:-*”.

No more chance to hide behind the bushes, walk around the trees, watch the lions in the cages….IE 8 STABLE HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Download now and start Bug-Fixing!

Or was this yesterday already???

Found a bug —–> IE8 Stable Bug-Fix Tracker

anisjolly Friend

oh here we go again!!

new browser = lots of new bugs to fix.

doesn’t microsoft actually have a testing team to hunt down all the bugs and fix them before it’s released?

they get paid enough to do this don’t they?

just makes life a lot harder for everyone when they release stable software but not fully patched up, leaving holes for hackers etc to exploit

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 118902 wrote:</em><blockquote>So, today is the day of the days when it comes to Internet Explorer 8 and Template Developers saying “We need a stable version to get all the bugs out of our templates:-*”.

No more chance to hide behind the bushes, walk around the trees, watch the lions in the cages….IE 8 STABLE HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Download now and start Bug-Fixing!

Or was this yesterday already???

Found a bug —–> IE8 Stable Bug-Fix Tracker</blockquote>

I checked out a few random JA templates on simple layout errors:

JA Nickel —> IE8 compatible
    JA Opal —> IE8 compatible
    JA ZinC —> IE8 compatible
    JA Zeolite —> IE8 compatible
    JA Helio —> IE8 compatible
    JA Cooper Business Edition —> IE8 compatible
    JA Mesolite —> IE8 compatible
    JA Sanidine —> IE8 compatible

JA Cooper (regular) —> Not IE8 compatible
    JA Xenia II Shopping Edition —> Not IE8 compatible
    JA Rutile —> Not IE8 compatible
    JA Galena —> Not IE8 compatible
    JA Pyrite —> Not IE8 compatible

Half compatible, probably due to short hand css properties (still only guesses as not checked through directly, reported from look over the demos only):

JA Fagus – content below header thoroughly moves to align left, seems to miss proper css full hand properties only

JA Pariiti – header logo moves to left, seeming to be comparable missing css properties as above

JA Teline II – moves to align left, similar missing css properties

Feel free to add any JA Demo you tested to this list with simply quoting my post and adding the ones you tested to it. 😉

mikem Friend

The JA Teline II template in ie8 is left justified and the modules are broken… can you post a link to the fix? Thanks! 😎

Phill Moderator

<em>@mikem 123425 wrote:</em><blockquote>The JA Teline II template in ie8 is left justified and the modules are broken… can you post a link to the fix? Thanks! :cool:</blockquote>

Simply add the following code in the head of your template.html

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />

as a temporary fix until ja or someone else does it properly.

mayke Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 123435 wrote:</em><blockquote>Simply add the following code in the head of your template.html

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />

as a temporary fix until ja or someone else does it properly.</blockquote>

JA Cooper (regular) —> Not IE8 compatible and in the downoad area is still on joomla 1.5.9 even,
    is this possible to use the this code for JA Cooper (regular)?

Phill Moderator

Yes, it is but the version in the downloads is in fact 1.5.10 (they just haven’t changed the filename) and I believe has the IE8 fixes in it.

mayke Friend

Thank you Phill for the clear answered.
    Just clueless of the changes and change log for any template from the download area.

Phill Moderator

Me too. A changelog is essential in my mind.

mayke Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 124920 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, it is but the version in the downloads is in fact 1.5.10 (they just haven’t changed the filename) and I believe has the IE8 fixes in it.</blockquote>

Just information, I just download and installed on my localhost.

JA Cooper (business) has updated to joomla 1.5.10 with the wrong zip file name/unchange for the quickstart still using : qs_j159_ja_cooperbusiness.

JA Cooper (regular) is not update to joomla 15.10 yet, is still joomla 1.5.9. as stated at download page. So I download twice the same thing.

JA is weird sometimes. (:

judylpd28 Friend

Is there a fix for this: JA Pariiti – header logo moves to left in IE8

mfcphil Friend

try the following

go to your index php file and find the following

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    .clearfix {display: inline-block;}
    </style>
    <!–>

and change to:

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    .clearfix {display: block;}
    </style>
    <!–>

catolino Friend

Any fix for ja mageia ???

<em>@judylpd28 136147 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is there a fix for this: JA Pariiti – header logo moves to left in IE8</blockquote>

didima Friend

l am glad l dont use this theme

catolino Friend

i just put this code in the first line after tag HEAD:

<meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=7″ />

<em>@didima 138147 wrote:</em><blockquote>l am glad l dont use this theme</blockquote>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  clon74 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum