Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

If you use any page caching systems such as JRE Cache you need to remove the IE6 warning notice from the bottom of default.php and 3columns-classic.php. Otherwise when a visitor using IE6 visits your site the page with the warning will be cached and shown to all visitors regardless of their web browser – even firefox users will see the message. :-[

Not sure if this happens with the joomla System Cache plugin as well, so if you use that you’d best check just in case.

These can be found in the layouts folder the code is at the bottom of the files and looks like this:
    <blockquote><?php if ($this->isIE6()) : ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘ie6/ie6warning’) ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </blockquote>

alicebb Friend

Thank you for that tip. I came looking for a solution to this problem that I had with a site using Mesolite II. It turned out to be the same problem with JRE Cache. For me the solution was to remove JRE Cache as unless a system is heavily loaded or the server is very slow this doesn’t give much performance improvement & has previously caused me other other difficult to diagnose problems.

Using Regular Joomla system cache does not seem to trigger the message.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alicebb 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum