Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m having an issue which appears in K2 when trying to edit an item.

"Warning: Declaration of K2Element::render() should be compatible with JFormField::render($layoutId, $data = Array) in _/path/to/my/site/_administrator/components/com_k2/elements/base.php on line 24"

I’m running the following:

JA K2 FILTER Component 1.3.0
    JAK2 Extra fields Filter and Search Module 1.3.0
    Josetta – K2 Categories Plugin 2.6.9
    Josetta – K2 Items Plugin 2.6.9
    K2 Component 2.8.0
    K2 – JA K2 Filter Plugin 1.3.0
    K2 Comments Module 2.8.0
    K2 Content Module 2.8.0
    K2 Quick Icons (admin) Module 2.8.0
    K2 Stats (admin) Module 2.8.0
    K2 Tools Module 2.8.0
    K2 User Module 2.8.0
    K2 Users Module 2.8.0
    Performance Booster for K2 Plugin 1.0.0
    Search – K2 Plugin 2.8.0
    Smart Search – K2 Plugin 2.8.0
    System – K2 Plugin 2.8.0
    User – K2 Plugin 2.8.0
    XT Link Item for K2 Plugin 1.0.2

Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable [ Noether ] 1-December-2016 22:46 GMT

PHP Version 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

In an effort to rectify the error, I’ve cleared the cache numerous times. I’ve updated K2 Filter component, module and plugin to version 1.3.0 which seem to be the latest versions.

Looking at the line of code it’s complaining about I’m wondering if this is a bug? I’ve done some googling around and I see lots of people have the error in previous version but they’re all "Strict Standards". None that specifically say "Warning: Declaration of K2Element…".

Can anybody offer any guidance?

Cheers!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

The message indicates that the warning comes from the base file of K2 component. You can post the same question into K2 forum for help.

In the meantime, you can hide these warnings by going to backend > Global Configuration > server > set Error Reporting to None (as actually, this warning will not affect functions on your site).

Regards

alangdon Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I’ve actually already set the Error Reporting to "None" to remove the message, but I would like to get to the bottom of it. I’ll re-post the query in the correct forum. Thanks for you time!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alangdon 6 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum