Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

For some reason quick start’s database, contains the US states only. I fixed this by inserting all the rest by running an SQL script.
    They are now inserted and published checked in VM.
    However, there is the following problem:
    When I am trying to Register from the VM Cart, the States’ list is not populated. So it is blank and I cannot select it.
    I have checked if there is a JQuery problem and there is none.
    Note: In order to show the registration link in the Cart, I modified login.php from /templates/ja_hawkstore/com_virtuemart/user and commented in the commented out lines 162 – 170. So this is how this block looks like now:

<?php
    $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' );
    if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) { ?>
    <div class="width30 floatleft">
    <a class="details" href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user' ); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_REGISTER'); ?></a>
    </div>
    <?php }
    ?>

I really have no idea why this is commented out, since it disallows registration from the VM Cart, which is something necessary.

In order to work around this problem temporary, I have made this field non mandatory. However this is not the desired functionality, since that way I do not have the entire address.
    URL to check: http://www.allmassage.gr/en/component/virtuemart/user?Itemid=0

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

7of9 Friend

Hi,

Any help about this one?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi 7of9,

It’s default feature of VM, you can open the based ‘login.php’ file in VM folder: componentscom_virtuemartviewsusertmpllogin.ph and you will see that it’s also commented.

We often override and style for VM, not change function of VM, you should raise a thread in VM forum to get more help.

Regards

7of9 Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying that the VM States’ list not populating is a problem of VM? I don’t think so. It works fine in other JA templates and in other installations of VM. The problem is that, when I select a country, the states is not updated with the countries states. Instead it’s empty.

adjoom Friend

Hi,

any news about that problem. The demo for cagox has the same problem.

When I clic on Add/Edit shipment address in the cart section I can’t chose a state (http://ja-cagox.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/shop/my-shopping-cart/cart)

Thank you

Saguaros Moderator

Hi adjoom,

Try to enable the option ‘User Script Ajax Countries / Region" in configuration of VM: http://prntscr.com/9t84zh

imurillo Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Try to clean browser’s cache & cookies as I can access it from my side.

imurillo Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

I see that you’re using another template, not JA Hawkstore as this topic. Try to create a new TOPIC for your own issue and clarify step by step to replicate the issue so we can help you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum