Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

For my categories in virtuemart I use images in the image description instead of text. Now if I click on a category in IE6 the left menu drops down to the bottom. When I remove the image in the category description everything is fine. The images that I use are 693 pixels in width, I have found out that when using a smaller image or no image at all it doesn’t happen. But it isn’t an option for me to resize all banner images because they are working fine with ie7, 8 & firefox.

I would like to know if there is some other solution I could maybe add to the css code to prevent this behaviour from happening in IE6?

Please find attached images where you can see the behaviour with image in the category and without image in the category description.

Many thanks for some help in advance!

Regards,

HEnry

PS: Please note that it ONLY happens with Internet Explorer 6 which apprix 1/4 of the dutch users still use.

1. withimageindescription
    2. withoutimageindescription
    Anonymous Moderator

Hi hpeeters ,

I have looked your website in IE6 but can not find the same problem.
    This website looks nice in Ie6.

Please try to check your website with other computer. I think this issue only appears in your browser.

1. IE6-2
    hpeeters Friend

Hi JA Developer,

Yes, it looks nice now because I have changed the width of all pictures to 692 instead of 693 pixels… This is why it is ok now in IE6. But when using pictures with a width of 693 the left menu drops down. Anyway, I have solved it like this and it is sufficient for me.

THanks,

Henry

Anonymous Moderator

Hi hpeeters,

In this template, the image does not fixed the size of image. With FF, the image can auto resize, but it is not in IE6.
    For the reason, you must resize images before use on your website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum