Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I need to put virtueMart right menu with the same template of jaBristo Menu.
    Is there any guide to do it? or can anyone give me the files ( css and php) i need to check to try to do it by myself?

many thanks,
    Miguel

kobenes Friend

Could you please provide detailed information about your issue? I couldn’t understand, sorry.

bybutterfly Friend

JA Bristo have the template/layout of the menu attatch 01. when I add VirtueMart menu, and disable this menu, the template is diferent, like you can see in attatch 02.
    How to apply the jabristo template in virtuemart menu?

1. Capture1
    2. Capture2
    TomC Moderator

Are you wanting to create an entirely different menu altogether for your site, or are you just wanting to add a menu item for your Virtuemart based eshop?

bybutterfly Friend

I only want to user virtueMart menu… but with the template of jabristo.
    the jabristo menu, have links to “Main Meu” of ja Bristo templae, but i want link to virtuemart categories.

i think i need to enable virtuemart menu and disable the jabristo but the template is different.,,,

TomC Moderator

Actually, what you need to do is create a new menu within your Menu Manager, designate THAT as the Main Menu, and create your menu items linked to your desired VirtueMart Categories.

NOTE:
    If you do not want there to be a default “Home” item on your main virtuemart navigation, then if you want the first page users come to (when they type in your url) to be your Home page, you WILL need to have a default “Home” menu item on ONE of your other menus. When I do something like this, I often put a “Home” item within my footer menu – so that the url still points to my Home page, but I don’t need to have a “Home” item on my top main navigation menu.

Make sense?

bybutterfly Friend

Yes, make sense! But like this, if i had a category in virtuemart, i need to add it in this menu. If i use the menu it came with virtuemart, is automatically. that is only why i was trying to user this template on virtuemart menu.

TomC Moderator

Can you not duplicate the configurations for the “virtuemart menu” into a new Joomla menu?

bybutterfly Friend

I will use the menu created with Menu Manager and duplicate the VM menu. Perfect

Other question is: can i change the font and remove the lines between categories on top menu?

1. Capture
    TomC Moderator

<em>@bybutterfly 287741 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Other question is: can i change the font and remove the lines between categories on top menu?
    </blockquote>
    Yes you can . . .

In order to best try to assist you, can you please provide the url of the site you are working on, as well as set ‘Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–>General Settings?

bybutterfly Friend

Optimize CSS set to “No”

TomC Moderator

Open your mega.css file within the following path –> /templates/ja_bistro/core/themes/green/css/menu/mega.css

at line 13, you should see the following:

/* lv - 1 and below
    -----------------------------------*/
    /* Styling ---*/

.ja-megamenu ul.level1 li.mega {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #e8e8e8;
    }

[FONT=arial]change to

/* lv - 1 and below
    -----------------------------------*/
    /* Styling ---*/

.ja-megamenu ul.level1 li.mega {
    border-bottom: none;
    }

save changes . . . clear cache . . . refresh page

Let me know if that achieves what you wanted.

[/FONT]

bybutterfly Friend

Yes, what about the space between the categories, is possible to reduce? and the font of the main Category?

TomC Moderator

That would be within /templates/ja_bistro/css/menu/mega.css

at line 58 . . .

.ja-megamenu ul.level1 li.mega a.mega {
    font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    padding: 8px 0;
    text-transform: none;
    border: 0;
    }

Reduce the “8px” padding parameter to a lower number. Experiment until you arrive at the look you want.

Again –> save changes . . . clear cache . . . refresh page

bybutterfly Friend

Tom, thank you very much. one last question, about the Main Categories (in red) and the space between (in black).
    Where can i change it?

1. Untitled
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bybutterfly 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum