Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Has anyone tried to install virtuemart on JAHalite yet? I’ve downloaded the latest version of virtuemart and tried to use the Extension Manager Upload installer and i get an error message. Anyone else?

beadit Friend

I used the manual install process and it works – looks pretty ugly in comparison the to clean look of JAHalite! LOL

I understand that JA is keen to promote Magento – but I really don’t want to have to learn something else not to mention pay another $200 for my tiny little shop. I really would like more choice of virtuemart sites.

instantinlaw Friend

Hello,

JA has like 4 or 5 VM templates, and althought like you say JA is keen on Magento, they do produce a new VM theme every now and then. It’s no diffrent with any other template club.

VM is a 3dr party app that will install on any Joomla site, but if you don’t like the default look of VM on your site you can either modify it, or try one of the VM themes found in the VM Extentions directory: http://extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_sobi2&catid=5&Itemid=2

Good luck.

Phill Moderator

Personally I like the functionality of VM but some of the themes suck. On smaller sites I create standard Joomla articles for each item and just add an add to basket button to each item. On larger sites I create custom themes.

beadit Friend

I just want something that works – I know …. I admit I’m lazy but I do have a full time job and run 3 very small businesses from home so time really is limited. I was initially quite excited by the JA Halite template but it still looks pretty buggy to me so I’ll keep away from it. I don’t have time to test and fix templates that I expect to work. I’ll go with Zeolite again.

Mine isn’t a big shop, about 200 products, but it’s still imperative that it works.

I’m disappointed that JA Teline III was released prior to being fully tested and this one appears to retain some of the bugs. I think JA has really dropped the ball and I’m a bit disappointed with them.

instantinlaw Friend

beadit;148340I just want something that works

LOL…
    I’ve been using VM for 5 years and I’ve never had an install that just worked out of the box. You my friend are living a charmed life if you have. 🙂

Anyway, good luck with your sites.

nefar Friend

4 0r 5 templates — I must be missing some — Larix – -Mesolite — Zeolite … Meso and Zeo pretty much the same, only real difference is split blocks and those goofy icon. I was very dissapointed with that release. I think we working on 9 or 10 months since last template with a VM theme… Doubt we will see another with JM though ;(

Ahh think I did miss one — I seem to recall a “gamer” based theme the more I think about it.

instantinlaw Friend

Keep going back in the showcase, there are 3 more. One of them has a light theme and one has a dark theme.
    Xenia, Xenia 2 & Shopping 2. 😉

instantinlaw Friend

Also, if you don’t like a paticular theme, just modify it to suit your needs. I.e. http://www.collectiblesvault.com (Won the site of the month with that one).

nefar Friend

I thought about reworking the site I use with VM — I’m just holding off until Magento updates so it works with php5.3 — Then I’m going to install it on a buddy’s VPS server and see how it is. I’m trying to ge away from using virtuemart. It just doesn’t have enough forward development for my tastes. So I’ll try Mag and perhaps another cart or two before I do a redesign.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nefar 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum