Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Vikrentcar cars module – Free additional module from your documentation does not exist.

I have been struggling to get the JA Rent template loaded with all demo site functionality. I will be using it as a Boat Rental website and communicated with the makers of VIK Rent Car and it should not be a problem. I jsut have to get the JA Rent template setup right.

Can somebody at Joomlart please review your instructions because they do not seem correct.

If you read the Joomlart documentation, you are referring to a module that is not available but your documentation shows: Please install all the extensions below:

Vikrentcar component
    Vikrentcar search module
    Vikrentcar currency converter module
    Vikrentcar cars module – Free additional module – download link

Vik is at v1.9 and the link that you reference to “free additional module – download link” does not work.

Please advise.

Thank you for your time.

TomC Moderator

If you look at the bottom of the JA RENT INFO PAGE, you will see the list of complimentary extensions that are included with the JA Rent template.

homefront Friend

Please read your documentation>>Extensions Configuration>>Vik Rent Car Component. You are referencing an additional module that is not available via the link provided. It is at the end of secton 1 in your documentation of that area.

Please install all the extensions below:

Vikrentcar component
    Vikrentcar search module

Please don’t assume.

TomC Moderator

Here is where you can get Vik RentCar extension —> http://extensions.joomla.org/extensi…s/vik-rent-car

homefront Friend

Hello,

I can’t be any clearer, I have purchased the Vik Rent Car component and all the modules it comes with. I have been following the Joomlart documentation and am clearly reading:

Please install all the extensions below:

Vikrentcar component
    Vikrentcar search module

The above is directly from the Joomlart documentation page for JA Rent. You are referring to a “necessary module” that a free additional module and you provide a “download link” that goes nowhere. I don’t care that it is free or I would have to buy it, It is not part of the Vik Rent Cart component.

Because I am having great difficulties getting this site to function with the quickstart, and I am not new here. My experience since 2011 with Joomlart has been nothing but fantastic. Your templates and quickstarts have always been perfectly deployed. Makes me read the entire document very carefully. A few things I’ve noticed, your demo is referencing Vik Rent v1.2, and they are deploying v1.9 today. That may have something to do with my problem. But the second major issue to me that may be causing me to not be able to deploy this template as your demo. Is the fact that your documentation is telling me and everyone else to install “Vikrentcar cars module – Free additional module – download link” which is not part of the Vik purchase, and your link just reloads the documentation page. It is very frustrating that you keep telling me to look at the documentation, which it is now clear to me that you have not read and you even sent me to the JED to purchase Vik Rent again.

Please pass this on to another support rep or actually read the documentation and help me to find the correct answer. Or just tell me where to download the “FREE Mystery Module”. Is it something that Joomlart created or is it something that is created by Vik Rent and they have changed the location that your link is pointing to.

Thank you

homefront Friend

I just noticed that you have changed this thread to “Answered”, it is definitely not answered. Please change the status of thi sthread back to “Problem”.

I have located thE mystery FREE module by reading this post: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja_rent_sample_data-sql-instalation-problem/

Thak you CSS Magician

Still trying to get the Vik Rent search module on the slideshow as in demo.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @homefront,

Glad to hear that you figured it out and please accept our apology for any inconvenient you got. I sent a request so our dev team can have a look and update the documentation. Back to second question with search module, please check my reply in that thread as well.

homefront Friend

Adam,

Thanks for your response. I had tried the solution for the search box but it still does not appear on the slideshow image. When I publish the search module in section_1 it appears below the slideshow. You expertise is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

homefront Friend

Adam,

Thanks for your response. I had tried the solution for the search box but it still does not appear on the slideshow image. When I publish the search module in section_1 it appears below the slideshow. You expertise is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @homefront,

Could you please provide your site url so I can have a look first ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @homefront,

Could you please provide your site url so I can have a look first ?

homefront Friend

Adam,

Thank you, my site is on a temporary URL subdomain. I can give you credentials to login and take a look for me. I just need to figure out how to provide the credentials to you. Also I am not being notified by email when this thread gets a post even though I am subscribed to it.

If you read this before I can get the credentials posted for you, please let me know how to post the credentials in private.

Thanks for your time.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @homefront,

Thanks for the info. Actually there’s a background image that set via module VikRentCar Search >>> JA Extra Fields, not a JA ACM Slideshow module.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @homefront,

Thanks for the info. Actually there’s a background image that set via module VikRentCar Search >>> JA Extra Fields, not a JA ACM Slideshow module.

homefront Friend

Adam,

Thanks for looking at it, I don’t see it though. Please see attached image. Tell me how to make it right please.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum