Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi 🙂

I am testing the Magz template (I like that template) and I have some questions about the front page – featured article. The testing site is: http://testeside.com/

– When I make a page and view it on the frontpage, the text I have above the image in the article itself, comes below the image. I will have it like it is in the article, above the image.

– And when I use “Read more” in the article, I will have all the text to show above the “Read more” line that I choose in the articel itself. Not use the “Introtext Limit” that is in “General/Introtext Limit” setting.

How can I achive this?
    When I am testing some other templates like Hawkstore, it shows the frontpage normaly the way it should. Is it possible to get the Magz template to do the same?

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Tom,

We customized the front page – featured article on JA Magz Template, if you want to show the frontpage normaly, you can disable it this way

+ Go to templates/ja_magz/html/com_content folder

+ Rename featured folder to featured_bk

and check it again. Let me know if it helps

Regards

phong nam Friend

Hi Tom,

Thank you for trying on our awesome JA Magz template. However, it will take much support time of us to customize the Featured Layout again to get your request. So, we’d like to suggest you to work with an experienced developer to help you handling this task.

In order to make this customization task easier for you, i can outline the steps in details below:

<blockquote>1. I will have it like it is in the article, above the image.</blockquote>

You and your dev will work with the templatesja_magzhtmlcom_contentfeatureddefault.php file, then move the item header above the intro image by finding and moving lines:

<?php if ($params->get('show_title')) : ?>
    <header class="article-header clearfix">
    <h2 class="article-title">
    <?php if ($link) : ?>
    <a class="article-link"
    href="<?php echo $link; ?>"> <?php echo $this->escape($this->item->title); ?></a>
    <?php else : ?>
    <?php echo $this->escape($this->item->title); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </h2>
    </header>
    <?php endif; ?>

above line:

<div class=”item-image images-content clearfix”>

<blockquote> 2. I choose in the articel itself. Not use the “Introtext Limit” that is in “General/Introtext Limit” setting.</blockquote>

You can compare the Joomla default parameters of intro text section in componentscom_contentviewsfeaturedtmpldefault_item.php, the replace this section in our overridden featured item layout of template (default_item.php) at lines:

<section class="article-intro clearfix">
    <?php $introtext = MagzHelper::sanitize($this->item); ?>
    <?php echo JHtml::_('string.truncate', $introtext, $tplparams->get('tpl_introtext_limit', 200)); ?>
    </section>

By this way, the Featured Layout will display all intro texts of the articles, instead of limited characters.

toloekka Friend

Hi again 🙂

Just so little adjustment and then its perfect! Thanks so much Ninja Lead! This saved me a lot of work and testing. 🙂

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

toloekka Friend

Leo Burnetts – I just posted my answer to Ninja Lead at the same time that you answered. I will have a look at your answer to. Thanks in advance! 🙂

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

toloekka Friend

Leo Burnetts, I did not find the code below in default.php (templatesja_magzhtmlcom_contentfeatureddefault.php), but in default_item.php (templatesja_magzhtmlcom_contentfeatureddefault_item.php)

When I move

<?php if ($params->get('show_title')) : ?>
    <header class="article-header clearfix">
    <h2 class="article-title">
    <?php if ($link) : ?>
    <a class="article-link"
    href="<?php echo $link; ?>"> <?php echo $this->escape($this->item->title); ?></a>
    <?php else : ?>
    <?php echo $this->escape($this->item->title); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </h2>
    </header>
    <?php endif; ?>

above the line

<div class="item-image images-content clearfix">

in templatesja_magzhtmlcom_contentfeatureddefault_item.php
    the article title moves above the image like in the article itself, but not the text that is both above the image and the Read More line. (See the attachment).

But when it seems to work fine just renaming the folder templates/ja_magz/html/com_content/featured to templates/ja_magz/html/com_content/featured_bk like in http://testeside.com/, it perhaps is all I have to do?

I am not sure I am competent enough to work with an experienced developer, but I can try if renaming of the folder featured to featured_bk is not enough.
    But I must point out that I am very thankfull for all the help and suggestion you are providing and I learn much with the help of you guys.

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka 🙂

1. attachment-article
    phong nam Friend

Hi Tom,

<blockquote>it perhaps is all I have to do?</blockquote>
    Yes. When you rename the override Featured layout folder in template, it means that the template will load the default Featured layout of Joomla content.

By that way, you can simply get your requirement but our styles of some elements in layout will no longer be available (Share, comment count and hits in the bottom of featured items).

toloekka Friend

Thanks again Leo 🙂

I have been out of Internet some days because I am moving to another place.

Kind Regars
    Tom Løkka

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  toloekka 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum