Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi There.

I’d like to use the video position on mobile devices (such as an iPad). However, when viewed on the iPad, the video position is very small and narrow. Is there a way for that position to be larger? I know the video won’t automatically play and I can live with that, but the smallness of it will be a problem.

On a related note, is there a way for the video position to show one thing on a mobile device and another on a computer? For example, on a computer I’d like to run an actual video but on a mobile device have a photo show of still images run.

Here is the url: http://www.doorcountydesignerjewelry.com/1

Thank you.

Anne Anderson

Ilyas Harafi Friend

I guess you can make a new layout position, and put your slideshow in it. make it invisible on larger size screens, and make the original video position invisible on smaller screens from the responsive layout settings on the template manager. If it interests you to do so i can give you details on how to do it its quite easy.

andersonannem Friend

Can you please provide the details.

Thank you.

Anne

Ilyas Harafi Friend

Step 1: Create new module position

Follow this tutorial on how to create the new module position :
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-new-module-position-updated/

Step 2: Make your Slideshow and assign it to module position

Step 3: Make the video module invisible on the screen sizes you don’t want, and make the slideshow visible on those that you want. Make sure that the video module and the slideshow module are not both visible at the same time.

Go to your joomla admin backend. Go to: EXTENSIONS/TEMPLATE MANAGER/JA_Appolio – Default/Layout/Responsive Layout/

Then you will see Large | Medium | Small | Extra Small

Configure each one of them make the video module invisible on the ones you dont want it to appear and do the same for the slideshow again make sure that they are never both visible unless thats the view you want to get.

andersonannem Friend

Thank you for your reply.

Ultimately, for the small video issue, I used “All Video Share” and the problem disappeared. Don’t know why. The author of this Joomla video solution is AWESOME, just in case anyone is interested.

Anne

You can mark this answered.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andersonannem 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum