Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

How do you get a video in that module like on the demo? (with the baseball players…)

thanks.

bluecafe Friend

The demo-“video” is just a dummy picture. If you want to implement a real video you will need a mediabot. You can pick one from the joomla.org extension site
    http://extensions.joomla.org/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=1808&Itemid=35

I am using the mgmedia bot but others work fine as well. They are usually mambots (don’t forget to publish them after installation) and then you need to put the video inside of your content by using the mambot specific tags. They look something like this:

{mgmediabot2}type=youtube|youtubeid=8K_NQe57C-k|width=425|height=350{/mgmediabot2}

Of course you can use your own videos too, it just needs a bit reading in the how to’s but it’s actually quite simple.

amlinc Friend

how do i get the video in the module with the mambot? do i just create a new module, put it in user5 – and put the video code down in the content area of that new module?

amlinc Friend

i have a video mambot installed – allvideos – but how do i embed it in certain module? and not a content item?

bluecafe Friend
    swemmel Friend

amlinc;28395i have a video mambot installed – allvideos – but how do i embed it in certain module? and not a content item?

What you have to do is make a new module:
    – go to Modules / Site Modules
    – push “New”
    – Goto the parameters and enable mambots
    – Put in Custom Output your AllVideos-code (for example: {youtube}7mEjmWnihrc{/youtube})
    – Publish this modeul in user5-position

Kind Regards,

Peter

babyzsmile Friend

<em>@bluecafe 27187 wrote:</em><blockquote>The demo-“video” is just a dummy picture. If you want to implement a real video you will need a mediabot. You can pick one from the joomla.org extension site
    http://extensions.joomla.org/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=1808&Itemid=35

I am using the mgmedia bot but others work fine as well. They are usually mambots (don’t forget to publish them after installation) and then you need to put the video inside of your content by using the mambot specific tags. They look something like this:

{mgmediabot2}type=youtube|youtubeid=8K_NQe57C-k|width=425|height=350{/mgmediabot2}

Of course you can use your own videos too, it just needs a bit reading in the how to’s but it’s actually quite simple.</blockquote>

How do you center the video in the article?

Menalto Friend

<em>@babyzsmile 33953 wrote:</em><blockquote>How do you center the video in the article?</blockquote>

You can change that in the settings of the mambot

smashie Friend

Thanks!!!! Worked perfectly!

danstoc Friend

just a hint – i use jce editor and the allvideo plugin from joomlaworks.gr and with the editor enhancement wich you can dowload directly from joomlaworks.gr too you have to clicks twice for inserting a video or a stream (from youtube or elsewehere) in a content or module or… 😉

georgek Friend

I am trying to achieve the same thing (embed a video in a module) in Joomla! 1.5, but all the module parameters that were in 1.0 seem to have disappeared under 1.5 :confused:

Does anyone know where the module parameter switches have gone under Joomla! 1.5?

Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  georgek 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum