Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am trying to update my Wall to Version 1.2.1 and I receive the following error

<blockquote>Template Install: There is already a Template using the named directory: Install. Are you trying to install the same template again?</blockquote>

I have thoughts on how to solve it but is there a recommended solution?

thanks
    IBEWguy

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    It should be fine to install latest template as upgrading.
    May i know your reproduce steps. ?

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    It should be fine to install latest template as upgrading.
    May i know your reproduce steps. ?

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ibewguy Friend

Sure – I simply attempted to use the Extension Manager to upload the ja_Wall.v1.2.1 zip file.

This resulted in an error. I do not want to risk removing the existing wall template from a live site.

Thank you
    IBEWguy

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Always do site back up before any process.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Always do site back up before any process.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ibewguy Friend

Yep – I do use Akeeba every time. I am somewhat surprised that there are not other members having the same issue. I guess I will wait for a solution.

thanks
    IBEWguy

ibewguy Friend

Yep – I do use Akeeba every time. I am somewhat surprised that there are not other members having the same issue. I guess I will wait for a solution.

thanks
    IBEWguy

ibewguy Friend

And – JA Updates never work inside the joomla backend – I have been a subscriber for a long time and have never had a JA template or extension update xml file work from inside the joomla system. This current JA link shows up in my updates, yet it will not update!!

http://update.joomlart.com/service/tracking/j31/ja_wall.xml

Thanks
    IBEWguy

ibewguy Friend

And – JA Updates never work inside the joomla backend – I have been a subscriber for a long time and have never had a JA template or extension update xml file work from inside the joomla system. This current JA link shows up in my updates, yet it will not update!!

http://update.joomlart.com/service/tracking/j31/ja_wall.xml

Thanks
    IBEWguy

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Have you tried to download template package from our site and update it via Joomla! Installer ?

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Have you tried to download template package from our site and update it via Joomla! Installer ?

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ibewguy Friend

Yes – as I stated above – installing the template through the joomla installer fails as noted above in my original post. The JA update url ALWAYS fail.

Why does Joomlart add update URL’s that never work? Why not just direct subscribers to download from the website?

I am also a subscriber to Akeeba Pro and it updates perfectly from within the backend of Joomla every time – no errors. Joomlart xml links are the only updates that always fail from the backend when updates are detected within Joomla system.

The only way to update a Joomlart site is to log into this site, download, and then update via the joomla installer.

However, as I have said, my Wall will not update (see the error posted above). Others have posted that they deleted their Wall to update ??? That is dangerous for me, I have so many custom settings that I cannot delete my template, that is crazy!

And why is the Wall a “free” forum? The Wall costs money and the updates cost money – if I am maintaining a subscription why is this not a club member forum?

Thanks!
    John

ibewguy Friend

Well I found the solution with the help of Stackoverflow – maybe the best support site I have ever seen. The trick is to modify the templatedetails.xml file to all the update. Here is the URL from Stackoverflow

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21455565/joomla-template-update-gives-error

Basically here is what you need to do: Unzip the template file; Navigate to an xml file labeled TemplateDetails.xml Open this file in Notepad ++ or other editor and edit this line:

<extension version="2.5" type="template" client="site">
    adding method=”update” to the end so it looks like this:

<extension version="2.5" type="template" client="site" method="upgrade">
    Then using 7Zip or your favorite archiver select all the files and re-zip them. Then when you upload it will not generate the error above.

So – I am a long time supporter of Joomlart – I am disappointed that you did not offer a solution to this problem.

John

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # Thank you for solution. Yes. It’s should method=”upgrade”. I’ll mention it with team
    # Actually before this i have not yet clearly your issue. For next time please provide some detail of issue with reproduce steps and / or screenshot
    # In fact, even with method=”upgrade” for template it same with upgrade by override template files via FTP.
    It’s mean you can extract and upload updated files via FTP.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum