Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

We use Vemod Mailer on a number of our Joomla sites to broadcast articles to mailing list.

We usually use the option to schedule mail.

When we tick this it adds the following code into the foot of our template…

<?php $fromtemplate = 1;@include(‘components/com_vemod_news_mailer/vemod_news_mailer.php’); ?> into your template file (Do not edit the template file by hand)

When this is added the site disappears – and when we remove it we can’t schedule.

It works fine with all our other Joomlart Templates but not Rasite – Any ideas?

scotty Friend

Please add the confidential admin and ftp details to your post as we can’t investigate the issue without them.

easykey Friend

<em>@scotty 176473 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please add the confidential admin and ftp details to your post as we can’t investigate the issue without them.</blockquote>
    Where can I add confidential FTP etc without other forum members reading it?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear easykey,

Please read the Support Guidelines and you would know how to add the info. Edit your first post and Click on require Mod / Staff Help.. as shown in the guide.

Regards

Arvind

easykey Friend

<em>@drarvindc 177002 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear easykey,

Please read the Support Guidelines and you would know how to add the info. Edit your first post and Click on require Mod / Staff Help.. as shown in the guide.

Regards

Arvind</blockquote>
    After all these years of using Joomlart – and I never noticed that. That’ll teach me to spend some time reading the documentation 😉

scotty Friend

Do you have some added security or something? yourdomain.com/administrator is directing me back to homepage.

toymaker Friend

<em>@easykey 176468 wrote:</em><blockquote>We use Vemod Mailer on a number of our Joomla sites to broadcast articles to mailing list.

We usually use the option to schedule mail.

When we tick this it adds the following code into the foot of our template…

<?php $fromtemplate = 1;@include(‘components/com_vemod_news_mailer/vemod_news_mailer.php’); ?> into your template file (Do not edit the template file by hand)

When this is added the site disappears – and when we remove it we can’t schedule.

It works fine with all our other Joomlart Templates but not Rasite – Any ideas?</blockquote>

Cant find access to the admin side of your site, BUT…

You are probably getting a compilation error… I see an @ before the include which is why no errors are showing up. My guess is that your file is not being found for some strange reason.
    Remove the @ sign and enable debug to get more info.

Peace,
    Gabriel

easykey Friend

Thanks for your response.

I tried removing the @ symbol – no difference.

BTW admin URL is http://www.hertsandsoul.com/administrator/?sing

easykey Friend

OK – Really wierd – It seems to broadcast every other article. (In other words it misses one out then sends the next – then misses one out again) :confused:

scotty Friend

Ok the problem is the component auto adds the line to the end of the index.php file BUT this template is using the T3 framework so adding it there is no good. It needs to be added to one of the layout blocks. I don’t have time to fix it right now but I’ll do it this evening.

On a side note…. this is a buggy component. I’d suggest having a look at http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/content-sharing/newsletter/964

toymaker Friend

That will definately involve changing the plugin responsible for adding that line of code. (if it does have a plugin for it 🙂 )

Good luck! 😉

scotty Friend

Hi again Janice,

I’ve modified the file admin.vermod_news_mailer.php (on line 46) so that it inserts the code at the end of layouts/default.php instead of your index.php.

I’ve checked and it is inserting the code as expected. Let me know if you have any problems.

easykey Friend

Did you already add it to one of the layout blocks? – Seems to be working?
    I must admit – I have used Vemod for some years and found it fiddly and unpredictable.

I’ll take a look at Acajoom – Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  easykey 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum