Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,
    would be anyone able to create also a vBulletin template of this?
    Im going to use this template but also have a forum based on vbulletin. I dont want to share the same users etc as i can use jFusion for this, but thats another story.
    So the main thing would be only the design and the navbar should be from joomla for sure.
    Any ideas?

Cheers
    Nickel

Nick R JA JobBoard

*bump*
    It would be also ok if someone knows how to “extract” the joomla menu so maybe i can “call” it with an include in vBulleting header.

Cheers
    Nickel

Nick R JA JobBoard

Hmm, could someone tell me how use the header of teline_iii? Like menu, logo, mega menu etc?
    I was looking for a file where the header is, but wasnt able to find it.
    Or only the menu will do, but i cant use it standalone. I have managed it with other templates. Extract the code which calls the menu, place this into a single php file and include it with the other script where you want to use it.

I guess it should be very difficult to give vbulletin a close look to ja_telline_iii, the most important thing is the header with menu. Right now it looks strange when you visit a site with teline_iii and click on forum and receive a completly different style.

Maybe someone else realized this with another template from ja to vbulletin…
    any ideas?

thatch10 Friend

The best way I can describe to get a forum to match in with your Teline iii template is to install firefox if you havent already from http://www.mozilla.com

once you have downloaded that check out firebug http://getfirebug.com/

unfortunately, without getting dirty with the code and css there are no quick ways bar to select a template which matches closely and then modify it

Thatch

ergohost Friend

<em>@thatch10 147334 wrote:</em><blockquote>The best way I can describe to get a forum to match in with your Teline iii template is to install firefox if you havent already from http://www.mozilla.com

once you have downloaded that check out firebug http://getfirebug.com/

unfortunately, without getting dirty with the code and css there are no quick ways bar to select a template which matches closely and then modify it

Thatch</blockquote>

there are also similar if not equally good tools built into Opeara 10 called Dragonfly if youre not keen (like me) on FF. – tools > advanced > developer tools (if youre already running Opera 10).

Theres also something called developer toolbar for IE8 which you may already have but if you dont just google “IE8 developer toolbar” an youll find what you need.

No experience with vbulletin, although what you describe is similar in my experience to what crops up in the way of questions I’ve seen about integrating a script called WHMCS with Joomla, the advice descibed by thatch10 is a good start, or using similar methods, break down the finished built page code and css and edit the styling of the vbulletin templates accordingly. Basically what youre looking at is replicating the way JA Teline looks fully built in the browser in some probably more static form on the vbulletin pages.

Its not going to be easy that is for sure but might be possible, JFusion is certainly an excellent way to tie things together.

Ive also done similar things to try to produce a better look for gossamer threads links sites in the past

Have you considered stripping down and simplifying the vbulletin template along with using JFusion and using Joomla’s various abilities to wrap a page within the current template styling? In your case wrap the vbulletin within Joomla. (It all depends how tolerant VBulletin is to being wrapped of course).

That way you might enjoy the benefits of some of the css styling of the parent site, along with the db sync capabilities of JFusion? I experimented along similar lines wrapping a forum script called SMF using JFusion as a bridge bit I found certain elements of SMF would cause it to break out of the Joomla wrapper into the parent browser window. Perhaps you would have beter results with VBulletin.

thatch10 Friend

@ ergohost

it depends upon when you last tested Jfusion, they have just released version 1.20, havent installed it onto the site I have it running on yet, (too busy getting my head around Teline III) however the integration between jfusion and phpbb3 has come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of updates. They have a frameless integration working with phpbb3, cant speak for vBulletin.

I personally wouldn’t integrate a forum currently without using jfusion, it will even pull out avatars from your chosen software also, so options for running community builder, phpbb3 and joomla are a great options and have worked for me.

however I still had to get down to the css with firebug in an attempt to match the forum template to my colours on the joomla template. Again I dont know vBulletin code wise, so cant really help algmed more than the advice given above,

Thatch

Nick R JA JobBoard

Hi Guys,

thanks for your ideas!
    Well the first thing is to get only the same header as in teline_iii. The look and feel is only a second part, you are totally right with firebug. Im trying already to use it 😉

But the most important is to get the menu and/or the header extracted and into vbulletin.
    I have also tried jFusion but im not sure if its working without frames. As far as i know, search enginges are not indexing frames so this would be a bad solution. User sharing and login is for now another point which i will consider later.

For now its only all about the way to find on how to get the the header from teline_iii into a single file or what ever. I have read some ideas when it is in a module place, you can call it later with index.php?menu – something like this, its just a rough description.

Hope you guys see what i mean and maybe we can find a solution 🙂

cansay Friend

Im interested in this to.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cansay 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum