Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

hi there,
    does somebody know a style for vbulletin forum, that fits to teline?
    many thanks already yet!

frank

ShannonN Friend

FrankKarmeyer;13246hi there,
    many thanks already yet!

frank

do you mean you want a black and white theme for vbulletin?

Google is the place to go or here

http://www.themesbase.com/?category=vBulletin
    Cheers ShannonN

z0z0 Friend

I really hate it when someone in a “support forum” says

” Google is the place to go”

Shoot – what is the point of a support forum them?
    Everything can be found on Google if you are willing to search through a lot of results

“black white theme vbulletin”

= Results 110 of about 438,000

ShannonN Friend

z0z0;15834I really hate it when someone in a “support forum” says

” Google is the place to go”

Shoot – what is the point of a support forum them?
    Everything can be found on Google if you are willing to search through a lot of results

“black white theme vbulletin”

= Results 110 of about 438,000

well the op didn’t say hey I am too lazy to search or didn’t complain about the link I did give him?

Whats the search Google have to do with you in this thread in any case, from your repeated use of support, you have enough problems to deal with instead of beefing about support replies? Or do you expect not only support but us to install customise and host your web site for you too?

Stop complaining and start learning all the realities of web design

and support hates it when ppl cry for help before searching for solutions themselves and exhausting every other avenue first Guys you have to help yourself at time, trouble is everyone wants us to waste our time looking at Google, searching sites for answers and doing it for them

z0z0 Friend

Shannon – I am a paying customer here just like anyone else.
    I think I can comment on almost anything I want.

I am sorry that I am not as smart as you are.

FrankKarmeyer Friend

please stop argueing.

as i really wrote, i am searching not for vbulletin themes/templates, as i find them 100 and 100 by google-search.

i asked somebody to know a theme, that fits to teline-template without any big work to do. i think, this is a different thing! would be smart, if someone readed this right…

frank

bigrk Friend

<em>@FrankKarmeyer 13246 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi there,
    many thanks already yet!

frank</blockquote>

Hey Frank, See this thread and join in to ask how he did it so we will all know. 😎 http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/vbulletin-and-joomlart-yes-its-possible/

bpbaker Friend

I know you were talking about vbulletin but new Joomla users who haven’t yet sorted out a Forum might find that Fireboard will suit them.

It’s not over complex and completely integrates with Joomla, so none of that difficult bridging stuff!

It has a default dark-grey skin that matches Teline very well, providing that you enter NO for using the Joomla style as you configure it.

The downside is that it is very new and could be a bit buggy yet. It is based on the original JBoard but then so is a Boing on the Wright Brothers creation.

ShannonN Friend

z0z0;15867Shannon – I am a paying customer here just like anyone else.
    I think I can comment on almost anything I want.

I am sorry that I am not as smart as you are.

I also am a paying customer too zozo and no you cannot comment on almost anything:)

ShannonN Friend

FrankKarmeyer;15870please stop argueing.

as i really wrote, i am searching not for vbulletin themes/templates, as i find them 100 and 100 by google-search.

i asked somebody to know a theme, that fits to teline-template without any big work to do. i think, this is a different thing! would be smart, if someone readed this right…

frank

it would be smart if you acknowledged that volunteer support ppl cannot read everyything at 2 am or 11 pm after 12 or 13 hr days doing real life things, shit we get tired and miss things, get posts mixed up, we are humans not robots, we have emotions too, I’d now know what you mean etc, but I still think there are maybe not enough ppl here that use VBulletin to have seen or used themes to suit one particular template?

Also many users don’t tend to read posts for many days so sometimes posts are not effective ?

I’d suggest posting as well in a VBulletin forum if you already haven’t give the site url of your site or ja teline demo and say hey any themes that look good with this?
    That way it gives you every changce of a solution, I just think VB is not used here a lot by members

Cheers ShannonN

bigrk Friend

<em>@bpbaker 16051 wrote:</em><blockquote>I know you were talking about vbulletin but new Joomla users who haven’t yet sorted out a Forum might find that Fireboard will suit them.

It’s not over complex and completely integrates with Joomla, so none of that difficult bridging stuff!

It has a default dark-grey skin that matches Teline very well, providing that you enter NO for using the Joomla style as you configure it.

The downside is that it is very new and could be a bit buggy yet. It is based on the original JBoard but then so is a Boing on the Wright Brothers creation.</blockquote>

Thanks bpbaker for the tip! 🙂 I have taken a glance at their site and like you say it is a little new but I think Fireboard is a new name for something that has been around for a while. So, maybe not that buggy, I have also looked at SMF but I think I need to learn a little more about the overall administration before taking the leap. So any recommendation or help I get along the way is really appreciated.

z0z0 Friend

Word of warning – Fireboard does not play nice with Teline
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-teline-userguide-for-joomla-1-5-x/

ShannonN Friend

z0z0;16095Word of warning – Fireboard does not play nice with Teline
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-teline-userguide-for-joomla-1-5-x/

Thats going to be an ongoing problem I think, all this merging of two forums will cause compatibility problems for a while while the devs of fireboard adjust codes etc.

I think they may be concentrating on Joomla 1.5 rather than 1.12? as it will have a shift of users once a stable version is released?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum