Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author

This is a personal blog with nature photo’s from travelling with inspirational pages. 😀

angelae8654 Friend

That blog has a really nice look to it. I only wish I could read it, lol 😀

annaleen Friend

<em>@angelae8654 106620 wrote:</em><blockquote>That blog has a really nice look to it. I only wish I could read it, lol :D</blockquote>
    Thank you for your kind review.

We’re working on an English version, unfortunately there currently no automatic translations extension for Afrikaans. 😉

angelae8654 Friend

I wish I was more “cultured” in the area of languages, but if you DO get an English version, I’d love to see it. 🙂

annaleen Friend

<em>@angelae8654 106622 wrote:</em><blockquote>I wish I was more “cultured” in the area of languages, but if you DO get an English version, I’d love to see it. :)</blockquote>

I’ll do. 😀

sunrise Friend

Hi there, nice site. Again I can’t read it. I didn’t even know it was Africaans. It looks a bit like Dutch.

The only comment I had was the thumbnails in the Highslide are not quite centered. If you made them 1-2 pixels bigger, (settings are in the module parameters) they would fill the space more and center better. I only noticed because I was working on the same thing.

Nice pictures too, by the way.;)

sunrise Friend

<em>@annaleen 106621 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for your kind review.

We’re working on an English version, unfortunately there currently no automatic translations extension for Afrikaans. ;)</blockquote>
    If you are planning an English version, do you plan to use JoomFish! It is a very good solutions for multilingual sites. I was looking for a solutions to having a bilingual site some years ago, and it’s through that and JoomFish that I first found Joomla.

bennitos Friend

<em>@sunrise 106717 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there, nice site. Again I can’t read it. I didn’t even know it was Africaans. It looks a bit like Dutch.

The only comment I had was the thumbnails in the Highslide are not quite centered. If you made them 1-2 pixels bigger, (settings are in the module parameters) they would fill the space more and center better. I only noticed because I was working on the same thing.

Nice pictures too, by the way.;)</blockquote>

Afrikaans has exactly the same base as dutch. I (as dutchie) can read the site without any problems. Only some grammar differenses.

Think the site is well build, good balance.

So good job!

questbg Friend

Hi annaleen

Really nice site, congratulations.

My only recommendation would be to go to the Control Panel of JoomlaWatch and set the logo in the front end module to 1 x 1 pixels (Settings – Frontend – Check the ‘Blank Icon’ box).

This effectively removes the logo from the site so you won’t have the clash of colours at the bottom!

Chris

annaleen Friend

<em>@questbg 106813 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi annaleen

Really nice site, congratulations.

My only recommendation would be to go to the Control Panel of JoomlaWatch and set the logo in the front end module to 1 x 1 pixels (Settings – Frontend – Check the ‘Blank Icon’ box).

This effectively removes the logo from the site so you won’t have the clash of colours at the bottom!

Chris</blockquote>

Thank you for all your reviews I do appreciate it. On the joomlawatch I did it at first but had another discussion on another forum about hidden links and Google webmaster tools that’s got no appreciation for hidden links. Do you think that would count as a hidden link? I don’t like the link either but don’t want to upset “Uncle Goolge”.:confused:

annaleen Friend

<em>@sunrise 106717 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Nice pictures too, by the way.;)</blockquote>

Thank you sunrise, it seems you’ve got the same precision eyes as my engineering husband, 😀

annaleen Friend

<em>@bennitos 106722 wrote:</em><blockquote>Afrikaans has exactly the same base as dutch. I (as dutchie) can read the site without any problems. Only some grammar differenses.

</blockquote>
    Thank you bennitos, yes Afrikaans actually derived as a slang from Dutch, my grandfather used to still read from a Dutch Bible and I had to do a bit of compulsory Dutch reading in school! 😉

stevesmile Friend

Thats very nice..thanks for sharing with members of joomlart.

didima Friend

Nice site, l like photos with slide 😉 Well Done

TomC Moderator

I do think you need to make your text color a bit brighter – blends too much into the blue background right now.

How about pure white” (#fff) ??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)

This topic contains 83 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  tonybanot 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum