Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I would like to host my image files on S3 because my server is constantly crashing, or being sluggish.

We create a lot of images daily.

1) I understand that the cron job will consistently sync the images with your S3 bucket. But in the video, I noticed you have to click on “Update S3 File LIst” after the upload. Is this done automatically after the first time, or do you have to do this manually?

2) I noticed it creates the link “on he fly”. As my server is already at capacity, will this use a lot of the server CPU, or slow down the server in any way? I am trying to alleviate any more resources on the server from being used.

Thanks!

Ken

hamlethub Friend

sorry, one other question:

3) is the s3 bucket password protected so that only Joomla Users can write to that bucket?

Thanks,
    Ken

MoonSailor Friend

Hi Ken,

1. Cron job : you can read more here : http://www.unixsurgeon.com/kb/cron-job-tutorial.html. If you use cron, you no need click on “Update S3 File LIst” after the upload. You just need click on “Update S3 File LIst” if you have used to upload file to s3 amazon without using component or you have used component, pls upload file to bucket of s3 amazon, and now, you can use it again.

2. upload file component and store in Amazon S3: if your server is available at capacity, it will not be affected because, for client, your site is loaded from other server.

3. S3 bucket pasword can be written in administrator of your site. It protected via permission of user joomla.

You can read more user guilde of component here : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-amazon-s3-for-joomla-2-5-user-guide/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum