Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I installed the component and it mostly works for me. I just need to get the last step working and I will be 100% happy.

I successfully connect to my bucket on Amazon. My images were updated and when I check the src of them, they are on the S3 server.

The last part – running a cron job. I have a sight issue as I am on windows. However I was able to handle this for another component – JomSocial. JomSocial currently stores images on the S3 server. I run a vbs in the schedule tasks that opens their php cron job in explorer and it works perfectly for me.

So I figure I should be able to do the same with this component. But the schedule tasks are not working. When I navigate to the cron php file url with explorer manually, then my new images are updated. Also if I open the vbs file with command prompt then the images are updated. But when the vbs script is run with schedule tasks, it does not work.

Here is the vbs script:

“Dim objIEA
    Set objIEA = CreateObject(“InternetExplorer.Application”)
    objIEA.Navigate “http://localhost/administrator/components/com_jaamazons3/cron.php”
    While objIEA.Busy
    Wend
    Set objIEA = Nothing”

I don’t believe there is anything wrong with the script since as I said, when I run it with command prompt, the images’ src are updated. I compare this schedule task with the other one that is working and they have the same settings except for which file is run. I also compare sharing properties of the two vbs scripts and they match exactly as well.

Any suggestions? I would like an answer today or tomorrow, as if I can not get this working I will need a refund.

Thanks

wincek Friend

I finally figure out what I was doing wrong and got it working. Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  wincek 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum