Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Major K2 Joomla user problem…

I have a clean install of Joomla 1.5.22 with Joomlart’s Teline IV and K2.

The only user that can log in in the backend is the original administrator. All others report “You do not have access to the administrator section of this site.” I created new users in the normal user manager but they do not show up in the list after saving. However, they DO show up in the K2 users tab. They appear as Super Administrators and even after adding them to a K2 group, the user cannot log in from the back end. When I create users in the K2 component, the same thing is true. I can edit the users via the K2 users tabs, changing the password, access level, etc., but they still are missing in the core joomla user manager and still no logins allowed. Still only ONE user appears in the core User Manager list…the original Super Admin.

This renders the site completely useless since only one person can log on.

Phan Gam Friend

Hi,
    Do you get this problem with Teline IV quickstart or joomla quickstart? may be this error is not related with T iv template, seems like an issue of missing core tables.

You can open phpmysql and check alc core tables and check record mentioned in my attached file.
    Hope that helps

1. check-this-table
    dhchenault Friend

It’s with the Teline IV quickstart. I’m assuming the table entries are there because when I try to create a new user and use a previously used username (eventhough it’s not listed) the user manager errors out saying the user exists. I’ll try to check the tables directly.

dhchenault Friend

Dug into the tables and discovered that neither the jos_core_acl nor the jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map had entries to match the jos_users table. After manually adding them to the tables via SQL, the logins work.

There are no records in the jos_core_log_items table. Any idea what’s broken?

dhchenault Friend

Solved it….the jos_core_acl_sections was empty. Created a Users record and everything worked!

osemollie Friend

How do I add users in jos_core_acl_sections? I installed mine using quickstart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  osemollie 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum