Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I have searched the forums extensively and have not found an answer to this issue. When using Internet Explorer 9, users cannot vote. Since most or our clientele use IE this renders JAVoice useless. I have attached a screenshot. Any ideas?

1. IE-problem
    Blaine Friend

What template is this with please.
    Let me also add that jQuery needs to be updated for ie9

lmnjones Friend

Not sure what you mean by template. If you are referring to The Joomla template, it’s a customized one from another vendor.
    How do I update jquery?

Blaine Friend

IE9 is only recognizing the newest version of jQuery.
    You can search for it and get more info.

lmnjones Friend

Okay, I got JQuery updated to the latest version but the issue remains. Users cannot vote if using IE.

Blaine Friend

And you’ve checked on another machine to be sure local machine is not the issue?
    If so, I will need link to site and Super admin access.
    Can you also confirm that switching to the standard BEEZ template the issue still exists please.
    Thanks!

lmnjones Friend

I’m getting the complaint of being unable to vote from multiple users around the country so it’s not just my PC. I tried enabling BEEZ but when I did that,JAVoice did not work at all. The page was blank. I attached the site information to the original post in this thread.

Blaine Friend

First problem is the article rating voting was set to hide in Global settings. I have changed this.
    Try to change the router.php and see if this fixes this issue.
    around line 240

if($item->query['view']=='items' && $segments[0]!='users'&& $segments[0]!='feeds'){
    $segments[0] = str_replace(':','-',$segments[0]);

This should be fixed in the next version release.
    Am I misunderstanding what you need help with? Or does this resolve the issue?

lmnjones Friend

Thank you very much for all the help. Here is a recap of my issue:

The orginal post has a screen shot of the issue – No vote options show up in IE. They do work and have been working in other browsers just not IE.

Where is router.php? I found route.php in the JAVoice components folder but it only has 180 or so lines. Nevermind, I found it.

lmnjones Friend

Making that change to router.php took my entire site down.

Blaine Friend

Ok, still trying to figure it out. Join minify are off? Compress off?
    Please also confirm this is with all IE browsers or just a specific version

directive Friend

The issue was caused by a jquery conflict in the superfish menu module. Removing the reference to the js file in superfish fixed this.

Blaine Friend

Great detective work directive! Thanks for sharing the solution as well!
    Can we mark this one solved now then?
    Thanks!

directive Friend

Yes, this can be marked as fixed.

Steven Pullen Friend

This isn’t working for me –

I can vote up and down in Chrome / Firefox, however in IE this happens:

– I vote up, the total votes change on the right hand panel
    – I refresh the page, the post I voted on does not include my vote and the total on the right panel returns my votes

I’ve changed router.php, and I’ve set the template to beez.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Head file looks like this:

<head>
    <base href=”/index.php/wishlist” />
    <meta http-equiv=”content-type” content=”text/html; charset=utf-8″ />
    <meta name=”robots” content=”index, follow” />
    <meta name=”generator” content=”Joomla! 1.7 – Open Source Content Management” />
    <title>Wish list – Suggestions – Questions – Problems at My Forum</title>
    <link href=”/plm/templates/beez_20/favicon.ico” rel=”shortcut icon” type=”image/vnd.microsoft.icon” />
    <link href=”/index.php/component/search/?Itemid=527&type=5&format=opensearch” rel=”search” title=”Search PLM Forum” type=”application/opensearchdescription+xml” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/components/com_jacomment/asset/css/ja.comment.css” type=”text/css” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/components/com_jacomment/asset/css/ja.popup.css” type=”text/css” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/components/com_jacomment/asset/css/ja.ie.php” type=”text/css” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/components/com_jacomment/themes/default/css/style.css” type=”text/css” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/components/com_jacomment/asset/css/atd.css” type=”text/css” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/components/com_javoice/asset/css/ja.voice.css” type=”text/css” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/components/com_javoice/asset/css/ja.popup.css” type=”text/css” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/components/com_javoice/asset/css/ja.ie.php” type=”text/css” />
    <style type=”text/css”>

#jac-wrapper .plugin_embed .smileys{
    top: 17px;
    background:#ffea00;
    clear:both;
    height:84px;
    width:105px;
    padding:2px 1px 1px 2px !important;
    position:absolute;
    z-index:51;
    -webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 3px #999box-shadow:1px 2px 3px #666-moz-border-radius:2px;-khtml-border-radius:2px;-webkit-border-radius:2px;border-radius:2px;
    }
    #jac-wrapper .plugin_embed .smileys li{
    display: inline;
    float: left;
    height:20px;
    width:20px;
    margin:0 1px 1px 0 !important;
    border:none;
    padding:0 !important;
    }
    #jac-wrapper .plugin_embed .smileys .smiley{
    background: url(/components/com_jacomment/asset/images/smileys/default/smileys_bg.png) no-repeat;
    display:block;
    }
    #jac-wrapper .plugin_embed .smileys .smiley:hover{
    background:#fff;
    }
    #jac-wrapper .plugin_embed .smileys .smiley span{
    background: url(/components/com_jacomment/asset/images/smileys/default/smileys.png) no-repeat;
    height:12px;
    width:12px;
    margin:0px;
    }
    #jac-wrapper .plugin_embed .smileys .smiley span span{
    display: none;
    }
    #jac-wrapper .comment-text .smiley {
    font-family:inherit;
    font-size:100%;
    font-style:inherit;
    font-weight:inherit;
    text-align:justify;
    }
    .comment-text .smiley span{
    background: url(/components/com_jacomment/asset/images/smileys/default/smileys.png) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    display:inline;
    float:left;
    margin:0px;
    }
    .comment-text .smiley span span{
    display:none;
    }

.plugin_embed .smileys{
    top: 5px;
    left: 20px;
    background:#ffea00;
    clear:both;
    height:84px;
    width:105px;
    margin:0;
    position:absolute;
    z-index:51;
    -webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 3px #999
    box-shadow:1px 2px 3px #666
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -khtml-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px;
    border-radius:2px;
    }
    .plugin_embed ul.smileys li{
    border:none;
    padding:0
    }

.plugin_embed .smileys .smiley{
    background: url(/components/com_javoice/asset/images/smileys/default/smileys_bg.png) no-repeat;
    display:block;
    }
    .plugin_embed .smileys .smiley:hover{
    background:#fff;
    }
    .plugin_embed .smileys .smiley span{
    background: url(/components/com_javoice/asset/images/smileys/default/smileys.png) no-repeat;
    margin:4px !important;
    }
    .plugin_embed .smileys .smiley span span{
    display: none;
    }
    div.jav-item-content .jav-smiley,
    div.jav-item-response .jav-smiley,
    div.jav-item-bestanswer .jav-smiley{
    font-family:inherit;
    font-size:100%;
    font-style:inherit;
    font-weight:inherit;
    text-align:justify;
    }
    div.jav-item-content .jav-smiley span,
    div.jav-item-response .jav-smiley span,
    div.jav-item-bestanswer .jav-smiley span{
    background: url(/components/com_javoice/asset/images/smileys/default/smileys.png) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    display:inline-block;
    margin:4px !important;
    }
    div.jav-item-content .jav-smiley span span,
    div.jav-item-response .jav-smiley span span,
    div.jav-item-bestanswer .jav-smiley span span{
    display:none;
    }

</style>
    <script src=”/plm/media/system/js/core.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/components/com_jacomment/asset/js/jquery-1.4.2.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/components/com_jacomment/asset/js/ja.comment.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/components/com_jacomment/asset/js/ja.popup.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/plm/components/com_jacomment/libs/js/atd/jquery.atd.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/plm/components/com_jacomment/libs/js/atd/csshttprequest.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/plm/components/com_jacomment/libs/js/atd/atd.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/plm/media/system/js/mootools-core.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/plm/media/system/js/mootools-more.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/plm/components/com_javoice/asset/js/jquery-1.4.2.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/plm/components/com_javoice/asset/js/ja.voice.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/plm/components/com_javoice/asset/js/ja.popup.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”/plm/templates/beez_20/javascript/md_stylechanger.js” type=”text/javascript” defer=”defer”></script>

<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/templates/system/css/system.css” type=”text/css” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/templates/beez_20/css/position.css” type=”text/css” media=”screen,projection” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/templates/beez_20/css/layout.css” type=”text/css” media=”screen,projection” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/templates/beez_20/css/print.css” type=”text/css” media=”print” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/templates/beez_20/css/general.css” type=”text/css” />
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/plm/templates/beez_20/css/personal.css” type=”text/css” />
    <!–>
    <link href=”/plm/templates/beez_20/css/ieonly.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />

<style type=”text/css”>
    #line
    { width:98% ;
    }
    .logoheader
    {
    height:200px;

}
    #header ul.menu
    {
    display:block !important;
    width:98.2% ;

}
    </style>
    <!–>
    <!–>
    <link href=”/plm/templates/beez_20/css/ie7only.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />
    <!–>
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”/plm/templates/beez_20/javascript/hide.js”></script>

<script type=”text/javascript”>
    var big =’72%’;
    var small=’53%’;
    var altopen=’is open’;
    var altclose=’is closed’;
    var bildauf=’/plm/templates/beez_20/images/plus.png’;
    var bildzu=’/plm/templates/beez_20/images/minus.png’;
    var rightopen=’Open info’;
    var rightclose=’Close info’;
    var fontSizeTitle=’Font size’;
    var bigger=’Bigger’;
    var reset=’Reset’;
    var smaller=’Smaller’;
    var biggerTitle=’Increase size’;
    var resetTitle=’Revert styles to default’;
    var smallerTitle=’Decrease size’;
    </script>

</head>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum