Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I have installed Quickstart of JA Ores on my computer, everything OK from front-end
    But when I login to administrator, It’s happened “Username and password do not match”
    I try many times un-install/re-install but with same problem.

I am very sure the username (admin) and password are correct.

The installation procedure was correct because I also did other installation for the standard Joomla on my computer and no problem to login to administrator.

Please give advice, thanks

smitheringale Friend

<em>@lucky93 174255 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have installed Quickstart of JA Ores on my computer, everything OK from front-end
    But when I login to administrator, It’s happened “Username and password do not match”
    I try many times un-install/re-install but with same problem.

I am very sure the username (admin) and password are correct.

The installation procedure was correct because I also did other installation for the standard Joomla on my computer and no problem to login to administrator.

Please give advice, thanks</blockquote>

simple suggestions: –

• are you entering the correct password! your admin password may be different to your ftp password and my be different to any other passwords that you have created.
    • check for correct use of upper case and lower case characters
    • sometimes the user name and password is stored and this has caused problems for me. enter user name first and only then enter the password. make sure you re-enter the password and dont use the saved password
    • are you using admin as the user name and not the e-mail address
    • perhaps you could use the e-mail address as a user name instead
    • have you

removed the installation directory

these are all very simple, but I have encountered each of these little hurdles and had to overcome them by thinking about what i’m doing rather thank just operating on auto-pilot

🙂

smitheringale Friend

ok. this is very bizarre.

I am having the same problem.

I cannot log into the administrator area with my user name and password. I am 100% sure I am entering the correct credentials, but yet like lucky93 – I am getting the following error message: –

user name and password do not match

can anyone help with this, please?

lucky93 Friend

All suggestions are correct.

The Quickstart was installed in my computer localhost ( not remote server)
    I have done successful Quickstart installation for JA Halite/JA Purity II and no problem to login administrator.

Same installation procedure for JA Ores Quickstart but error ( Username and password do not match ) when login.
    I found the last step ( finish step ) of installation shown as below

Administration Login Details

Username: Admin
    login in migrated content was kept. ( this sentence seem not correct )

smitheringale Friend

my installation is live to the server and a website. i wanted to go into the administrator area to take the website offline whilst I add in some content, and I found that I was unable to log on.

I have successfully used the quickstart package on several templates including teline iii, raite, topaz and seleni and have not had this issue before.

The installation seemed to go to plan. I finished installation, was asked to remove the installation directory, which I did as per usual, and I was able to see the website live on the internet.

However, when I tried to get into the administrator area, I got an error message stating that my user name and password do not match. I am not getting any other error message that I can see.

Just in case it helps, I have noticed that there is an error message that appears on the joomlart ja ores demo when performing a search. This is not present in the version of ja ores which I have installed on my website.

Please can someone suggest a solution. Perhaps I can simply change some of the files on the server to make sure it has the correct user name and password.

Cheers, 🙂

<em>@lucky93 174283 wrote:</em><blockquote>All suggestions are correct.

The Quickstart was installed in my computer localhost ( not remote server)
    I have done successful Quickstart installation for JA Halite/JA Purity II and no problem to login administrator.

Same installation procedure for JA Ores Quickstart but error ( Username and password do not match ) when login.
    I found the last step ( finish step ) of installation shown as below

Administration Login Details

Username: Admin
    login in migrated content was kept. ( this sentence seem not correct )</blockquote>

smitheringale Friend

some more information.

i have just had a look at jos_users for my database and noticed several users of my website that probably should not belong there.

specifically they are: –

– Huynh Hien Duc
    – Nguyet Nguyen Do
    – Hieu Nguyen
    – hongnt98
    – Dinh Viet Hung
    – JA Ores Team
    – Tester@
    – OresTest
    – Administrator

There are 2 super administrators and the rest are just registered users.

My user name and password for the superadministrator is not present.

1) Can this be fixed quite simply or will I need to do a complete re-install?
    2) Does this mean that there is a problem with the quickstart package for ja-ores and will I need to download a new one?

Please edit any details of user names if needed for privacy.

smitheringale Friend

Ok, I am into the admin area of joomla now.

I followed advice in this post.

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=10985

However, I am somewhat concerned that I can only see 1 user in the user manager of the backroom, and that being one of the superadministrators whose e-mail address and password I changed. (EDIT: i think other users belonged to k2 user group. )

Does this mean that the other 6 or so people still have access to my site? (EDIT: i don’t think so)
    What happened to the first admin user name and password that i created? (EDIT: still a mystery to me 🙂)

This seems like a security problem. Is it?

Please can someone with more knowledge than me point the way forward.

cheers 🙂

<em>@smitheringale 174286 wrote:</em><blockquote>some more information.

i have just had a look at jos_users for my database and noticed several users of my website that probably should not belong there.

specifically they are: –

– Huynh Hien Duc
    – Nguyet Nguyen Do
    – Hieu Nguyen
    – hongnt98
    – Dinh Viet Hung
    – JA Ores Team
    – Tester@
    – OresTest
    – Administrator

There are 2 super administrators and the rest are just registered users.

My user name and password for the superadministrator is not present.

1) Can this be fixed quite simply or will I need to do a complete re-install?
    2) Does this mean that there is a problem with the quickstart package for ja-ores and will I need to download a new one?

Please edit any details of user names if needed for privacy.</blockquote>

Saguaros Moderator

Dear all!

i have checked this issue detail with our quickstart, this is a bug of the quickstart.
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCORES-98 we ‘ll fix this issue in the soonest time.

after you finished the installation, you access the back-end of site with account:
    user-name: admin
    password:admin

This user is managed in the User Management, you ‘ll change password in there

Others users are used to show user’s Comments from ja comment and k2 comment. you ‘ll manage those users in the K2 Users of the k2 component.

Good luck

lucky93 Friend

It’s working with admin/admin, thank you

ps5t0ck5 Friend

tienhc;174488Dear all!

i have checked this issue detail with our quickstart, this is a bug of the quickstart.
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCORES-98 we ‘ll fix this issue in the soonest time.

after you finished the installation, you access the back-end of site with account:

Others users are used to show user’s Comments from ja comment and k2 comment. you ‘ll manage those users in the K2 Users of the k2 component.

Good luck

This was what I my post was about in this thread –
    04-12-2010, 12:54 PM
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/second-blog-category/

antonio forte Friend

<em>@tienhc 174488 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear all!

Good luck</blockquote>

That’s all right!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  antonio forte 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum