Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Using JA-Polaris and love it. Have very good understanding of how the template works – including managing and placing images in the ‘User9’ position.

I have created different images (in User9) for each of my main navigation menus. But I do not want them the images to appear in some of the sub menu navigation pages.

For each of the image ‘user modules’ I have only attached the corresponding image to the menu item in joomlas “site module > edit ” and selected menu Item link.

It appears that somehow it is caching (?) the page (with the user9 image) on the main navigation and retains it to display on the sub navigation pages.

Is there something that I can config to clear this up?

Or can I create a dummy blank image and attach it to the user9 position for the sub pages?

Keep up the great work! Joomlart Templates are my fav!

Bruno

ShannonN Friend

Dunno if this is on track but have you turned on the site cache in the Global settings?
    I never use it but it does say Cache?

ErikThorsen Friend

Hello Bruno!

I would have also tried to create a clear.gif image or something to put there to test. Probably that would solve it for ya. 🙂

kcalma Friend

<em>@brunoho 9705 wrote:</em><blockquote>Using JA-Polaris and love it. Have very good understanding of how the template works – including managing and placing images in the ‘User9’ position.

I have created different images (in User9) for each of my main navigation menus. But I do not want them the images to appear in some of the sub menu navigation pages.

For each of the image ‘user modules’ I have only attached the corresponding image to the menu item in joomlas “site module > edit ” and selected menu Item link.

It appears that somehow it is caching (?) the page (with the user9 image) on the main navigation and retains it to display on the sub navigation pages.

Is there something that I can config to clear this up?

Or can I create a dummy blank image and attach it to the user9 position for the sub pages?

Keep up the great work! Joomlart Templates are my fav!

Bruno</blockquote>
    Hello Bruno, Me too , Use JA-Polaris and love it. But I don´t have very good understanding of how the template works
    Mainly in two paths: One of them the funtion of images in the ‘User9’ position.
    I have created different images (in User9) for my main navigation menu. But I can´t to see them. I read the users manual and follow the instructions but the images don´t appear in home page for example.
    The second problem is the suckerfish and transmenu. I don´t know how to appear in my main menu and configure-it.

Please Bruno
    Can you help me?
    If you want to email me : altaos@hotmail.com or altaos@altaosgrupo.com.

Thank you very much

cahillmary Friend

Hi,

This may help with your menu problem.

If you edit index.php (in the ja_polaris template folder) you can select different menu types.

The line you are looking for is as follows:

$ja_menutype = 1

Your choices are 1, 2 or 3 but that will be obvious when you read the code.

Hope this helps.

johnyu Friend

I also have menu setting problem. I couldn’t find the “$ja_menutype =X” function in the template folder of the newly-uploaded file in 2008. Are you using the 2006 version or the new version?

Thank you.

<em>@cahillmary 45304 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

This may help with your menu problem.

If you edit index.php (in the ja_polaris template folder) you can select different menu types.

The line you are looking for is as follows:

$ja_menutype = 1

Your choices are 1, 2 or 3 but that will be obvious when you read the code.

Hope this helps.</blockquote>

kashxo Friend

@johnyu: you can find it at line 29-30 of index.php locate in folder templates/ja_polaris:
    <blockquote># Choose your prefer Menu Type
    $ja_menutype = 1; // 1: Split Menu; 2: Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu; 3: Transmenu;</blockquote>

For Joomla! 1.5, please go to your administrator panel, then select Extensions >> Templates Manager. Select JA_Polaris and you should see the page with all setting there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kashxo 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum