Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’ve been struggling with this for a couple of days and can’t get it right… I’m having this issue with the user1 and user2 modules displaying underneath each other rather than side by side. This happens only on certain pages, while other pages work just fine. If I switch the template to default Joomla everything is okay. I’m using J! 1.5.2

Here are the pages where the problem occurs:
    http://www.orangecoastvillas.com/home-search
    http://www.orangecoastvillas.com/buyers-sellers

It works okay here, though:
    http://www.orangecoastvillas.com/real-estate

Any clue what might be the problem? Thanks in advance for any help!

Christine

clampert Friend

I just realized that the pages displaying correct are the ones that have both the left and right modules on. If I only have one of them, the user 1 and 2 modules are not displaying side by side.

It looks like a template bug to me. Any way this can be fixed?

clampert Friend

Having the ability to use the user 1 and 2 modules is essential for my project, since this template does not use a multitude of modules like other templates.

I purchased the 6 mo membership especially for the Hedera template which I thought was so awesome. Did I just waste my money??

adman Friend

I am only a customer too, but I had the same issue. I modified the templates/ja_hedera/index.php file as follows to fix the issue:

replace Line 212 through to Line 224 with the following:

[PHP]
    if (mosCountModules(‘user1’) && mosCountModules(‘user2’) ) {
    $spot_width = ‘45%’;
    } else {
    $spot_width = ‘90%’;
    }
    if( $botsl ) {
    ?>
    <!– BEGIN: BOTTOM SPOTLIGHT –>
    <div id=”ja-botsl” class=”clearfix”>

<?php if( mosCountModules(‘user1’) ) {?>
    <div class=”ja-box<?php echo $botsl[‘modules’][‘user1’]; ?>” style=”width: <?= $spot_width ?>;”>
    <?php mosLoadModules(‘user1’, -2); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php if( mosCountModules(‘user2’) ) {?>
    <div class=”ja-box<?php echo $botsl[‘modules’][‘user2’]; ?>” style=”width: <?= $spot_width ?>;”>
    [/PHP]

It fixed the issue for me, hope it will for you as well.
    Note: Make a backup of the file before you edit it, so if you have a problem, you can replace the edited file with the original.

Good luck 😀

clampert Friend

Adman, that didn’t do it, my modules disappeared altogether. Perhaps you are using Joomla 1.0 not 1.5 like I am? In any case, this gives me a good idea of what I can do to fix it myself, so I want to thank you very much for the pointers, really appreciated!

Your answer came at a time when I had lost hope to receiving any help. I am just so disappointed about the total lack of support from the JA developers and the quality of the template. So many flagrant bugs that I keep discovering in this template… Anyway, thanks again for your help!

kashxo Friend

It appears that you issue only happened in Internet Explorer. Please try to follow my step

You can found this block of code at line 172 of ja_templatetools.php
    <blockquote>if ($firstwidth) {
    if (count($modules_s)>1) {
    $width = round(($totalwidth-$firstwidth)/(count($modules_s)-1),1) . “%”;
    $firstwidth = $firstwidth . “%”;
    }else{
    $firstwidth = $totalwidth . “%”;
    }
    }else{
    $width = round($totalwidth/(count($modules_s)),1) . “%”;
    $firstwidth = $width;
    }</blockquote>

Please change as below, you can copy and replace, or put the red text in your code block

<blockquote>if ($firstwidth) {
    if (count($modules_s)>1) {
    $width = (round(($totalwidth-$firstwidth)/(count($modules_s)-1),1) – 0.1) . “%”;
    $firstwidth = $firstwidth . “%”;
    }else{
    $firstwidth = $totalwidth . “%”;
    }
    }else{
    $width = (round($totalwidth/(count($modules_s)),1) – 0.1) . “%”;
    $firstwidth = $width;
    }</blockquote>

clampert Friend

Whoa, that did it kashxo, thank you very, very much!!

kashxo Friend

Great to hear it works 🙂

– Marked as solved –

xyzb Friend

You rock kashxo!

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  xyzb 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum