Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Cannot get a child menu to show up in user menu. I have the following configuration and the menu doesn’t even show up. I have the right user access, I am sure of that because if I change the menu from being a Text Separator to let’s say a single article, it shows up in the user menu.

Ninja Lead Moderator

about separator:
    This Menu Item creates a Menu Placeholder or a Separator within the Menu.
    Use to break up long Menus or to add temporary Menu Items to aid visualisation of the Menu.
    it seems not suitable to assign a parent item to Text separator.
    Lets try change it to a blank “external link” to see if it can show child menus.

Fokstrot Friend

After chaning to external link, the parent item shows, but the child menus don’t popup with a mouse hover.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Could I take a look at your site? Please provide site url.

Fokstrot Friend

I sent you my info. Please let me know what code changes you made if you manage to fix it.

Ninja Lead Moderator

where did you send the info? please update in your ticket:
    http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/64274

Fokstrot Friend

I sent you info in a private message. I sent you two messages, one regarding user menu problem and one regarding mouse over problem. I referenced the links in both messages. They show up as sent items in my folder. I also updated the ticket info.

Ninja Lead Moderator

okay I got it, thanks.
    <blockquote>After chaning to external link, the parent item shows, but the child menus don’t popup with a mouse hover.</blockquote>
    I want to clarify this, popup child menus only appear on top menu, this will not apply to main menu on the left. The child menus are shown when you have clicked at their parent.

Fokstrot Friend

So a text separator won’t work. Ok, I understand. Thank you for clarifying. it would be good if the child menus would popup with a mouse hover on the left.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Fokstrot 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum