Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I can’t seem to locate the user’s guide file for JA Teline – need to change template color.

Thanks.

mj1256 Friend

user guides for all the templates are right at the top of the individul template threads
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/forum/ja-teline/

look at the sticky at the top

rashan Friend

I’m a little confused. The params.ini file, besides indicating that it isn’t writable, has only the “default” color available, nothing else is in the “drop-down” menu. But the user’s guide appears to indicate that there is only the “default”, “red”, “green” – however this page:

http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja_teline_ii.html

seems to indicate that there are several themes available, can you clear this up for me please.

Also, then I need to figure out why only the “default” color is showing up.

Thank you.

mayke Friend

<em>@rashan 88370 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m a little confused. The params.ini file, besides indicating that it isn’t writable, has only the “default” color available, nothing else is in the “drop-down” menu. But the user’s guide appears to indicate that there is only the “default”, “red”, “green” – however this page:

http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja_teline_ii.html

seems to indicate that there are several themes available, can you clear this up for me please.

Also, then I need to figure out why only the “default” color is showing up.

Thank you.</blockquote>

Hi I found this information somewhere in teline forums from the expert here few month ago,
    maybe can give you more options:

I. CHANGE HOMEPAGE/DEFAULT COLOUR

You can change default color for your site by way below :
    Open index.php file in templates/ja_teline_ii folder , find following code section at about line 45 :
    Code:

<link href=”<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/css/colors/theme<?php echo $tmpTools->getThemeForSection(); ?>.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />

change to :
    Code:

<link href=”<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/css/colors/theme<?php echo ((!$tmpTools->getThemeForSection()) ? ‘-orange’ : $tmpTools->getThemeForSection()); ?>.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />

“-orange” is sample color , you can replace it with one of colors below :
    -cyan
    -deepblue
    -green
    -lime
    -orange
    -pink
    -red

———–
    <link href=”<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/css/colors/theme<?php echo $tmpTools->getThemeForSection(); ?>.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />

II. CHANGE THE COLOUR IN THE DROPDOWN TEMPLATE MENU

Another way to do it…
    It seems that the JA Teline II (by Default) is set up to have different colors in each section of the site, but I wanted to make it so I could change the whole site to be one color and also change that color easily if I wanted to. I did it by editing 2 files in the /templates/ja_teline_ii directory:

In “index.php”, on line 44 (or 45), replace (or comment out) this:

with this line:
    <link href=”<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/css/colors/<?php echo $this->params->get(‘ja_color’); ?>.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />

Then, in “templateDetails.xml” around line 250, replace (or comment out) this:
    <param name=”ja_color” type=”list” default=”default” label=”Color Variation” description=”Color variation to use”>
    <option value=””>Default</option>
    </param>

With this:
    <param name=”ja_color” type=”list” default=”default” label=”Color Variation” description=”Color variation to use”>
    <option value=”theme”>Default</option>
    <option value=”theme-cyan”>cyan</option>
    <option value=”theme-deepblue”>deepblue</option>
    <option value=”theme-green”>green</option>
    <option value=”theme-lime”>lime</option>
    <option value=”theme-orange”>orange</option>
    <option value=”theme-pink”>pink</option>
    <option value=”theme-red”>red</option>
    </param>

Now, when you go to Extensions -> Template Manager and click on JA_Teline_II for editing, you should have a drop-down for Color Variation that has lots of choices for a site-wide color change.

or just by Hain sample :

III. Change default Blue colour

you can change it following way below :
    Open template.css file find following code section at about line 47:
    Code:

a {
    color:#006699;
    text-decoration:none;
    }

rashan Friend

Thank you sooo much!

Dawn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rashan 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum